***Updated - NivoSlider 2.3 Extension September 27, 2010***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
gp2727

***Updated - NivoSlider 2.3 Extension September 27, 2010***

Post by gp2727 »

Updated Sept. 27, 2010 to Version 2.3 for jQuery Compatibility with all other extensions using jQuery. (Allows First Image to Display in WB)
Download Link for both Standard and Unicode (For use in Web Builder 7 and up): http://www.mediafire.com/file/k6m9xrz04 ... ider23.zip
Download PDF instructions only: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4d2d58uay ... der2.2.pdf

UPDATED August 30, 2010 to version 2.2 (Allows First Image to Display in WB)
UPDATED August 29, 2010 to version 2.1 (No First Image in Web Builder workspace, Text Outlined Box)
NivoSlider 2.1 Extension by gp2727 ALL FEATURES INCLUDED
Download link for both extension types and pdf instructions: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9n8nhq3dc ... ider21.zip
Download PDF instructions only: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dfm0m7rjz ... der2.1.pdf

Also recommend when using this extension, you select XHTML 1.0 in Page Properties....
Here is another Slider Extension that I think you will be pleased with....ENJOY!
NivoSlider demo page: http://nivo.dev7studios.com/
Free to Use for all registered users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Please read the PDF included with the extension or use download link to read separately. (IE6 not supported)

Current Features
9 unique transition effects
Simple clean & valid markup
Built in directional and control navigation
Supports linking images
Keyboard Navigation
Captions can be added when needed
Captions color, font, font color and font size can be changed
Unique Shadow effect except in Internet Explorer (doh!)
Drop Shadow can be turned off thru the extension for all browsers
Captions can contain HTML code like <i> or <b> tags
Version 2.2 can now display first image in your WB workspace when chosen.
Last edited by gp2727 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
zinc

Post by zinc »

WOW!!! Well done!!!!!!! Fantastic!!!!!!

gp

This one would be nice too if you can

http://nivozoom.dev7studios.com/
Running WYSIWYG Web Builder since 2007...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Image Nice Nice Nice....Image
star57

Post by star57 »

Very Nice Indeed.... THANKS
FredericP

Post by FredericP »

Splendid ! Thx very much ! I will use it for sure !
[url]http://Peyronnin.fr[/url]
stamjoe

Post by stamjoe »

Very nice man. Thanks
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Extension was updated with all features to the current version of 2.0

Please reference the first post in this thread to download the latest version...
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Dave, I apologize...I have uploaded a new zip file for the extension. Please download again....http://www.mediafire.com/file/yt2oryqme ... lider2.zip
Further testing in WB show a couple of issues....FIXED: Changed the font size to 12px default and changed CSS settings to keep it from dropping down 30 pixels.
The first post reflects the new download link also....
jordan

Post by jordan »

TNX for the index update mail gp2727 . 8) .
gp2727

Re: Nivoslider doesn't work with Lightbox

Post by gp2727 »

hmol wrote:When used Lightbox in the same page (with a different ID) Nicoslider will not open! What's wrong? Can someone help me with this?
This problem occurs when there is a conflict between javascript frameworks.

Lightbox uses Prototype javascript and NivoSlider uses jQuery....Looking for a fix and will post if I can find one.

Note: this will be a common issue with extensions due to the fact extensions are being built using different js frameworks like jQuery, Prototype, MooTools, and quite a few more... FYI
zinc

Re: Nivoslider doesn't work with Lightbox

Post by zinc »

gp2727 wrote:
hmol wrote:When used Lightbox in the same page (with a different ID) Nicoslider will not open! What's wrong? Can someone help me with this?
This problem occurs when there is a conflict between javascript frameworks.

Lightbox uses Prototype javascript and NivoSlider uses jQuery....Looking for a fix and will post if I can find one.

Note: this will be a common issue with extensions due to the fact extensions are being built using different js frameworks like jQuery, Prototype, MooTools, and quite a few more... FYI
gp would renaming these files solve the problem?
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

bendigo wrote:gp would renaming these files solve the problem?
Javascript frameworks use the $ sign and jQuery has a noConflict function to remedy this,
but I am learning this problem is wide spread among script developers. (hence no easy fix!)
So I have made some head way, but different browsers exhibit various errors or no errors, but caption doesn't change....
I knew this problem would eventually show up with all the different frameworks we use building extensions....

Spent a few hours looking at jquery forums and coding----As of right now, Lightbox and NivoSlider are not compatible on the same webpage....
I will continue to search for an answer when I have free time. Also determined other jQuery extensions are not compatible with Lightbox too.
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

intercosmos wrote:Great Extension!!! Any ideas why this doesn't work in IE8??? I tried it and it works in Firefox but not in IE8...
You're right Simon, IE8 is not working properly...Will look at the code again and post update as soon as I get time....
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

From the looks of it, the problem is in the javascript file the developer produced and the problem has yet to be resolved...I will look at this coding later to see if I can make heads or tails.

Problem Resolved: July 22,2010
Last edited by gp2727 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Evening gp I have just downloaded the new version of the Ext builder convertor installed and tried using a copy a of your extension gp2727slidermp converted and it now full compatiable with the unicde WB7...
amrajadhyaksha

Too good, but wish it worked in IE 6 also

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

I bring up this issue from a practical viewpoint.
A website is generally for viewing by everyone.
In spite of the MSIE7 & 8 being released freely, not many have it installed.
And IE still is the default browser though FF is a lot better.

Point is, at least in India, it is still IE 6 that is the ruling browser. And the Nivo Slider show only shows a black screen there with a white preloader with no slide show appearing.

So, if there can be a workaround for IE, it would be great.
gp2727

Re: Too good, but wish it worked in IE 6 also

Post by gp2727 »

amrajadhyaksha wrote:I bring up this issue from a practical viewpoint.
A website is generally for viewing by everyone.
In spite of the MSIE7 & 8 being released freely, not many have it installed.
And IE still is the default browser though FF is a lot better.

Point is, at least in India, it is still IE 6 that is the ruling browser. And the Nivo Slider show only shows a black screen there with a white preloader with no slide show appearing.

So, if there can be a workaround for IE, it would be great.
I have written a couple of other extension similar to the NivoSlider and they are compatible with IE6. Links are listed below on these extensions.
Since I build these scripts from other developer's work, I have no control over browser compatibilities.

jQuery Fancy Images: viewtopic.php?t=28592&sid=330bf4937eccb ... f24b69b2e7
jQuery Coin Slider: viewtopic.php?t=28558
_
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Version 2.02 is now available for download....http://www.mediafire.com/file/lk2rvxg5q ... der202.zip
This update fixes all known problems with this extension....Tested in all browsers - Unicode or NonUnicode.
amrajadhyaksha

Extns similar to Nivo Slider

Post by amrajadhyaksha »

@gp2727

I have written a couple of other extension similar to the NivoSlider and they are compatible with IE6. Links are listed below on these extensions.
Since I build these scripts from other developer's work, I have no control over browser compatibilities.

jQuery Fancy Images: viewtopic.php?t=28592&sid=330bf4937eccb ... f24b69b2e7
jQuery Coin Slider: viewtopic.php?t=28558
You are correct, and they work great too.
You are also right when you say that the extension's basis is the developer's work, it's limitations are inherited too. Great work you are doing, in general, keep it up!.
protectourlands

Post by protectourlands »

gp2727

This is an awesome extension. Thank you for sharing it.

Can you set the extension to show the first image on the WB workpage, instead of an empty box?
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

protectourlands wrote:gp2727

This is an awesome extension. Thank you for sharing it.

Can you set the extension to show the first image on the WB workpage, instead of an empty box?
I updated the extension to version 2.2 to where you can manually select your first image to add to the workspace, and go from there.
You will need to slightly undersize the bottom and right edge of your workspace image for it to display properly when previewed or published.

Hope this works....Good Luck

Link to download version 2.2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2crvfa52n ... ider22.zip

protectourlands

gp

You are the best! Thank you so much for doing this
gp2727

Re: ***Updated - NivoSlider 2.3 Extension September 27, 201

Post by gp2727 »

Updated NivoSlider to version 2.3 for better compatibilities with other jQuery extensions...
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

God Bless wrote:Dear sir,

I already install it but why i can't see this extension in my wwb6 ? :(
NivoSlider 2.3 was built using the latest version of the Extension Builder which incorporates built in jQuery components to eliminate jQuery conflicts with other
jQuery objects used throughout many new features used in Web Builder 7. Please download the earlier version 2.1 for Web Builder 6 compatibility...
itsme

Post by itsme »

hello and thanks a million for this fantastic extension, now we can build even such usa. gov domain :)

there was a confilct with FF and IE with displaying mega menu (jquery based) but when used version 2.3 it was gone and that works just fine, later one facecd problem with IE only (mega menu stops working) then suddenly worked alone as magic even didn't think of knowing whey was not earlier :)

I have some queries if you don't mind:

- i found something in IE 8 that the nice shadow around it doesn't work, is there a way to make it work on IE like the FF? ( i found the option to stop the shadow and re-activate it, but doesn't work only in IE)
- is there a way to put the the control navigation to the left instead of center position?
- what does "manual advance" means?
- can we get the caption to contain more than one like which is the image name!? I mean, to display the discription instead of putting <br> tags??
- given usa .gov site, is there a way to make the navigations like them? i mean with numbers and pause button on the right, center or left ?

thanks again, really appreciated your perfect work guys, if there is somewhere like "donate" for such stuff please do let me know.

Mike
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

1. i found something in IE 8 that the nice shadow around it doesn't work, is there a way to make it work on IE like the FF?
This script uses CSS3 and Internet Explorer doesn't support this yet... Internet Explorer 9 should support this.
2. is there a way to put the the control navigation to the left instead of center position?
You can dig into the CSS file for this...Use of Firebug will help here...
3. what does "manual advance" means?
The slideshow feature will become disabled and you have to manually click the arrow buttons that display on mouseover to advance to the next image.
4. can we get the caption to contain more than one like which is the image name!? I mean, to display the discription instead of putting <br> tags??
Please download the PDF file download on the first post. It goes into details into how to add captions.
5. is there a way to make the navigations like them? i mean with numbers and pause button on the right, center or left ?
Again, you have to know CSS, HTML and jquery coding for this... and alot of time to experiment. So the short answer is no.
itsme

Post by itsme »

I love you gp2727 really appreciated your support and extensive efforts in implementing this stuff. thanks a lot again and again. more than what we need. God bless people like you.

Kind regards
Mike
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

I have contacted the gp2727 on another matter I wanted to ask him about, and have asked if the extension will be made avaiable again please be patient while I a wait a reply or gp replies himself with this..
itsme

Post by itsme »

mabmab wrote:Anyone lucky with receiving this extion by email?
I would like to have it too.
here it is guys
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

I see that the original coders now have Nivo Slider at version 2.6 (http://nivo.dev7studios.com/)

Will the extension builder gp2727 be updating the current version?
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
itsme

Post by itsme »

Adendum wrote:I see that the original coders now have Nivo Slider at version 2.6 (http://nivo.dev7studios.com/)

that would be amazing!
hope so

Mike
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

Adendum wrote:I see that the original coders now have Nivo Slider at version 2.6 (http://nivo.dev7studios.com/)

Yes, I have already built version 2.6. Will release it when I get a chance on my own website...
itsme

Post by itsme »

gp2727 wrote:

Yes, I have already built version 2.6. Will release it when I get a chance on my own website...
great. please post a link to there whenever it is ready :) thanks in advanced dude
Mike
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

When a file is set to private it means it is no longer being shared by the builder of the extension so it is not possible to download
itsme

Post by itsme »

mhanu70 wrote:i'm using Nivo slider 2.3 with WYSIWYG 7.6.3

when i execute it in chrome, firefox or safari the plugin doesn't work, i visualize the area where it is supposed to be, but the images remain in "loading state" and no image is visualized.
on the other hand on Iexplorer there is no problem and everything works well
i made a single test page "index.html" whith only nivo slider and it does not work the same

as a matter of fact WYSIWYG always put in the root a "jquery-1.4.2.min.js". probably there is a conflict whith nivo

tested from different PC's and macs, same behaviour.

thanks for helping me
I had similar problem with earlier version, but with latest v2.3 it works good, on both ff and the stupid ie
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

mhanu70 wrote: so? is there anything else i can try?

i've tried to implement it manually but it didn' work
Will sort this out this weekend... The extension was built to use the jquery file used in the extension builder so this should be working properly, but

will develop workaround to resolve.
zinc

Post by zinc »

Greg;

I am after a themed version of your slider that used on this site. Any ideas where I can get it?

http://www.dunlopfootwear.co.uk/
protectourlands

NivoSlider is now available as an addon in WB8 Slideshow and Photo Gallery. I will be starting a thread for users to share variables shortly, which are easily added through the "Settings" button in the object properties manager. these will allow you to adjust speed, navigation characteristics, etc.

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/free_extras.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@ protectourlands "akyo" requires it for WYSIWYG Web Builder 7.5
protectourlands

OOPS! I see that now BaconFries. Sorry about that akyo.

For WB8 users, here is a post for getting Nivo Slider and applying custom settings: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=44660
Marek

Post by Marek »

where you can download nivoslider, the links can not download
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

This version of the Nivo Slider is no longer available to download as a EXtension, as the builder has decided to make it PVT. If your are using WYSIWYG Web Builder 8 then you can download the Nivo Slider addon from the following url

Lightbox addons for the Photo Gallery and Slide Show
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/free_extras.html
Marek

Post by Marek »

I need to extend Nivoslider WWB 8.2.0. Where can I get it?
gp2727

Post by gp2727 »

http://downloads.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/wwb_nivo.zip

WebBuilder now has it own extension for NivoSlider...