DBTS Admin Object/WB Login System **UPDATED June 19,2010***

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Rob

Re: DBTS Admin Object/WB Login System **UPDATED June 19,2010

Post by Rob »

For the time being I''m using a simple single page protect object for my project. Obviousely this is not the optimm solution. Should I go with your extension and use a MySQl database, do I need to create the table in PHPMyAdmin (part of GoDaddy's control panel) prior to adding users? This is where I got stuck with the MySQL.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

As I already mentioned, you need to create the database.
The script, if used as per manual instructions, will create the necessary tables itself. Unless GD has set restrictions in creating tables, which I don't believe.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
Rob

Post by Rob »

I feel compelled to try this one more time...

Can I use your DBTS Admin extension to automatically create the txt database and tables neccessary (not mysql) and then use the WB9 login & user redirect extensions?
Something else I was struggeling with. The site is in a sub / sub-directory of my root folder (myroot / clients / clientsite) - I had the txt databse in a the root directory of the sub directory "clientsite" sub directory. The WB9 login extension allowed me to place it there and edit it from there however didn't seem to connect to it online. Why? Will I face the same issue with your admin extension.

This whole process for me hinges on being able to #1 - control the sign up process (I don't want to use a sign-up form / be able to "approve" accounts after pmt received) and #2 - I need to impliment a user redirect extension. Is this possible?

In all honesty, which is easier and more secure using your extensions properly - a txt database of MySQL? I was able to create the MySQL database, just not create the tables properly from within PHPMyAdmin.

Please advise. Thank you.
The Website Guy - MN
Small Business Web Design
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

IeMS wrote:I feel compelled to try this one more time...

Can I use your DBTS Admin extension to automatically create the txt database and tables neccessary (not mysql) and then use the WB9 login & user redirect extensions?
No, you need the MySQL version
Something else I was struggeling with. The site is in a sub / sub-directory of my root folder (myroot / clients / clientsite) - I had the txt databse in a the root directory of the sub directory "clientsite" sub directory. The WB9 login extension allowed me to place it there and edit it from there however didn't seem to connect to it online. Why? Will I face the same issue with your admin extension.
As I said, you need the MySQL version, so no files exist. Data is retrieved from the MySQL database.
This whole process for me hinges on being able to #1 - control the sign up process (I don't want to use a sign-up form / be able to "approve" accounts after pmt received) and #2 - I need to impliment a user redirect extension. Is this possible?
As I already answered, #1 is possible anyway, for #2 you need the MySQL version of my Login and Admin
In all honesty, which is easier and more secure using your extensions properly - a txt database of MySQL? I was able to create the MySQL database, just not create the tables properly from within PHPMyAdmin.

Please advise. Thank you.
MySQL is far easier and safer.
With my own DBTS MySQL Admin, you DON'T need to crete the tables, the script will create them for you.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
roygore

Re: DBTS Admin Object/WB Login System **UPDATED June 19,2010***

Post by roygore »

Naval,

Just came across your post which is exactly what I am looking for.

I'm about to embark on a new project which will require a login facility for members to access members only pages. It's for a small club of around 30 members so a SQL database is a bit overkill.

Do you have a version which works using a flat file rather than a database for version 17 of WWB,

By the way - a great extension.

Roy
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

@roygore the last time Navaldesign was active (logged in) in the forum was back in January this year so he may not see this. Have you read the first post in this thread? it does mention a flat file can be used!. I cant speak for Navaldesign but the extension may not be supported anymore as it was first developed back in 2010 and last update was 24/09/2010. Hopefully he will see this and give you a answer.
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

roygore wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:58 am Naval,

Just came across your post which is exactly what I am looking for.

I'm about to embark on a new project which will require a login facility for members to access members only pages. It's for a small club of around 30 members so a SQL database is a bit overkill.

Do you have a version which works using a flat file rather than a database for version 17 of WWB,

By the way - a great extension.

Roy
Hey @roy_gore we meet again :D

WWB has login facility too which is amazing to use.
WWB also has login system which you can make guest administrator or members to access. You can do it using mysql more easily I think. If you need help with your project you can contact using the link below.
roygore

Post by roygore »

Thanks wwonderful,

Nice to hear from you again. Hope you are well.

I'll have a look at the wwb login extension. I don't have any experience with databases so am a little reluctant - would prefer to use a flat file if possible. However, it might be a good opportunity to learn how to setup and use databases.

Might take you up on the offer to help if I get stuck.

Roy
wwonderfull

Post by wwonderfull »

roygore wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:02 pm Thanks wwonderful,

Nice to hear from you again. Hope you are well.

I'll have a look at the wwb login extension. I don't have any experience with databases so am a little reluctant - would prefer to use a flat file if possible. However, it might be a good opportunity to learn how to setup and use databases.

Might take you up on the offer to help if I get stuck.

Roy
According to @pablo
A login system with multiple users needs a database to store the data of the users (like name, email, password etc). So the first thing we need to do is setup the database. The login tools can use either a flat file database, where all data is stored in a text file (usersdb.php) on the server, OR a MySQL database.
The flat file database is probably the easiest to setup and this is the default option. However MySQL is more secure and recommended for advanced users. In this tutorial we use the text based database. If you want to use MySQL instead then please consult the help (Toolbox->Login tools->User Database) for detailed instructions.
So I think pablo has the flatfile database thing what you are wanting @roy
Here is the login tools basic tutorial by @pablo http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
And yes even I had no experience with database I always used flat files until I got the database thing later on. It is complex only when doing it for the 1st time and also understanding how it works.
But sure thing roy there is nothing like learning new things. If you need any help you know where to find me :) cheers
roygore

Post by roygore »

wwonderful,

Thanks again for your help.

I will have a look at Pablo's flat database.

Appreciate your help.
Roy