Slide Down Box Menu (free)

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Adendum

Re: UPDATED: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Post by Adendum »

Sandy,

Well spotted! No idea why as yet but I can confirm that only the first three flyout links are being written. I'm on it now and will report back here and via your email. Thanks for the email by the way - the link to your site was useful.

As for the moving of images, sadly there is nothing I can do about that....as yet anyway. I've asked Pablo (the WWB author, owner, support guru and all round genius) to see if there is anything that can be done in the next version of the Extension Builder.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
Adendum

UPDATED: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Post by Adendum »

Just a simple typo can cause havoc!

The missing HREF codes were not being written in the 4th, 5th and 6th flyout links due to a spelling mistake in each of these. Now corrected and fully tested. My demo 2 has all 6 links in use to external websites.

I also added an extra option to allow you to choose between _self and _blank so that any linked items can open in the current/same window or you can elect to open in a new window.

Update 1.0.0.3 available from both locations.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
sandy

Post by sandy »

Paul -

Thanks for the super fast fix. I updated the extension and looks all good. Menu works now with all Six entries.

Keep up the excellent work, and look forward to more extensions coming from you!

Sandy
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Sandy,

Yup, just checked your site again - looking good. Phew! Had me going for a second or two. Don't forget you can further style the menu so you don't have to stick with the default colours. Let me know when your done!

Adendum

UPDATED: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Post by Adendum »

10/11/11 : Having only realised I could do this yesterday (doh!) I have modified this extension (and all my extensions - see list below) so that the live rendering of the extension in design view is greatly improved. In many cases the design view will take on a background colour you set in the extension properties.

Updates available from the WWB extensions site and my own demo site. Remember to check out the extensions listed below.

Anything Slider
Automated ToolTip
Directory Listing
Elastic Thumbnail Menu
Image Information Panels
Image Swap Menu
Kick-Butt-Mega-Menu
Orbit Slider
Photo Info
Simple Horizontal Accordion
Stacked Images
tab Slide Out

Adendum

Re: Slide Down Box Menu (free)

Post by Adendum »

Can you post a URL?

I've just viewed all three demo pages and the two url's that templar posted in Chrome and they all look fine to me. What exactly is your problem?

Adendum

Re: Slide Down Box Menu (free) - UPDATED

Post by Adendum »

22/02/12 : All image content now published to the /sdbm folder.

You may need to re-link any images if you open a project that uses an earlier version of this extension. Earlier versions of this extension required images to be manually moved to the /images folder. Now all images, css and .js files are all automatically published to the /sdbm folder.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

The only way to have different versions of the extension in one site is to place the page in a separate folder - as I do with the demo site. Look at the URLs for the demo in your browser and you'll see what I am doing:-

/demo/SDBM1/sdbm1.html
/demo/SDBM2/sdbm2.html
/demo/SDBM3/sdbm3.html

Because when the extension/page is published all the CSS, .JS and images to run the extension go into a folder called /sdbm/ therefore if you publish two extensions in the same folder the second page will put all it's files in the same folder - overwriting the files from the first publish.

Just make a folder in your project, place the second page in that folder and publish. If you have three uses add another different folder - see my example above.

Adendum

Re: Slide Down Box Menu (free) ** UPDATE **

Post by Adendum »

20/09/12 : Minor update to fix a background image issue.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

pipetko wrote:I have a problem with this extension. After installing, it doesent show in the menu. It doesent show at all in extensions menu. It is in the folder but not working. I installed first on WB8 then on WB7 does not work on both :(
That generally means you have or have had an illegal version of WWB installed. You'll need to contact Pablo in Support to be able to fix that for you - assuming you now have a legal version.

bburgess

Re: Slide Down Box Menu (free) - UPDATED 1.0.0.10

Post by bburgess »

Adendum wrote:Hi,

1. In the extension there is an option to use an image as the menu background. Use that and create a suitably sized .png that has transparency.

2. I just updated the extension (available from extension manager only) with a new property in section "4. Drop Down Styling" called "Drop Down Menu Orientation".
Hi mate :) Great extension !!

I just fixed my issue ignor me please !!
KISS is the key!
bburgess

Post by bburgess »

Adendum great Menu thx mate, I had to adapt it to centre the text and below are the settings I used, any way to pop those in so I do not have to edit the code? its a bit of a chore on a large site :D

display:inline-block;

text-align: center;

margin-left from 15px to 0px

No idea if that possible but thought I would ask :)

Cheers
Brett
KISS is the key!
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Brett,

Happy to send you my raw files and Extension Builder files so you can download Extension Builder that Pablo provides us and make the edits yourself and then you have your own version.

Email me from any of the websites in my signature and I'll email you back.

gyrene251

Post by gyrene251 »

My version of this extension is 4.0 and refers to the google api, hence my version is having problems. I know there has been an update to fix this but cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can get the update for this extension. I am using WYSIWYG 11.5. I would really love to use this menu. Thanks in advance for the help.
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

The original developer of this extension no longer supports it and is not active in the forum. He has since passed all his extensions to another member who has taken them over but as of yet and as far as I know not released them yet under his support.
gyrene251

Post by gyrene251 »

Well, I guess I will have to wait. Thanks for the reply.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Hi,

The person that took all my extensions on is known as CJS in this forum. You'll need to contact him...

However, SDBM doesn't interact with Google and doesn't require an API.

mckonen

Post by mckonen »

Hi, Anyone know the name of this menu extension of this: http://www.aditerum.co.uk/demo/index.html page? Looking for the menu extension where you could use animations, so css menu with animation support for texts...
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Please note: Adendum the builder of this extension no longer supports or offers it for download anymore. This is noted and written at the following. https://www.aditerum.co.uk/wwb-extensions-templates/ which is a redirect from the url you gave.