Super Sized Slide Show (FREE) - version 3.2.7

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
JVSK

Re: Super Sized Slide Show (FREE) - version 3.2.7

Post by JVSK »

Super Sized Slide Show thumbnail tray error
All I see is a band covering the thumbnails and I see only the begining and the end of the thumbnails.
The thumbnail tray up button disappears and the thumbnail cannot be used!
Tried in several browsers.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

JSVK,

Have you created thumbnail images and added them to the extension? Let me see a url of a published page if you have.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
JVSK

Post by JVSK »

Thank you for the quick response and I have thumbnails created and added to the extension without result !
The requested /http://users.telenet.be/jvtm/
Additional information: Created with WWB9 .. jquery-1.9.1.min.js Replaced by jquery-1.7.2.min.js and now the thumbnail tray up button stays visible on the bottom so that the thumbnails can be activated! No preview with WWB9!
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Hi Abendum,
First of of excellent work. Maybe you could give me a clue on this behaviour.
I'm currently implementing some changes to a project I made for my friend last year. I've noticed that the Supersized Slide Show loading time is longer than it used to be before and a black screen appears for a while. I've added two nee images (the first to) from the lastest collection to a Supersize Slide Show (SSS). Morever, there's a sticky layer menu to right I've made to make a main content more appealing to a visitor. Does anyone know what pushes SSS to display a black screen and cause a delay while loading nex page. To add, I didn't take place in the former version, changes pages went smoothly without even noticing, only Simple viewer took some time to lod (normal). It must be a SSS issue as after removing sticky layer menu the things remained unchanged. The latency and black screen still appeared. Here's the link:

http://relevancebridal.com
http://www.relevancebridal.com/en.emotion.html (English)

Thank you in advance for your asistance. Truly admire your engagement in WB project and excellent extentions you've made.

SUGGESTION: One with a small thumbnails on a right/left side going up and down the slide with changable slides would be supreme. :)
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

I am not seeing any black screen or delay. I guess you must have a slow connection or a browser issue.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

I use the latest version of the browsers Firefox, Google, Opera, IE and Safari for a testing purposes as well as my internet connection is about 60 Mbps download (not so slow). Didn't you notice a moment of black screen with slide show nav appearing while loading a SSS and then switching between pages (right menu). In former version of this website the SSS remained the same even when switching between pages. Only the main content shapes + menu + simple viewer cause visible delay in appearing but the background remained the same. Check on various PC - indeed there's a slight moment of a black screen. It wasn't ike that before. I'll keep trying to find a solution. PIctures are between 200 - 250 KB so I think they're fine.
Last edited by tommy888 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

I tried Firefox and Chrome. I see a black screen for a nano-second at the very beginning of the page load but everything else is OK.

tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Yes, everything works fine but the matter is this black screen appearing for a 1-2 seconds. It switched more smoothly and I didn't see a bottom nav bar before. Paul I believe everything is fine with the extension, but can't figure out what may cause this behaviour.
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Try deleting this line?

<link href="relevance_26.jpg" rel="shortcut icon">

Or remove elements from the page one at a time and preview. Start with the social media bars and see what effect that has.

tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Thank you. I'll do it later and let you know about the results.
tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

And one more question, I can't open a new Super Size Slideshow form drag and drop menu. Does it mean that it does not work in the latest WB 9.4.4. ?
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

I just opened WWB 9.4.4 and dragged a SSS extension to it.

Maybe you have 200+ extensions? Limit is 200.

tommy888

Post by tommy888 »

Hi Adendum,
Sorry for a slightly late reply but I've been busy recently. Thank you for your valuable tips. I wasn't aware of the extention limit. It was the reason why I couldn't drag and drop any extenstions.
If it comes to the line of html you've mentioned, it's a path to an iconic logo which can be set in WB properties menu and its removal didn't improve anything. I initially thought a sticky layer delay time might cause such a behaviour but removed everyhing with no visible results. I believe after improving SSS slider pictures the opening time is now acceptable for me.
A trully supurb extention! Your work on WB forum deserve praise and appreciation. Thanks a lot and good luck!