@font-face

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.

There are already more than 250 extensions available!
protectourlands

Re: @font-face

Post by protectourlands » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Cursive fonts like the one you have chosen have built in spacing, so using them large will always introduce larger spacing. This may explain it.

But you don't have to eliminate the background. If you build the image in PNG or GIF with transparent background, you can set it over anything you wish. I will be glad to build it for you and send via email. Just let me know what the font is.

givi20

Post by givi20 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:17 pm

protectourlands wrote:Cursive fonts like the one you have chosen have built in spacing, so using them large will always introduce larger spacing. This may explain it.

But you don't have to eliminate the background. If you build the image in PNG or GIF with transparent background, you can set it over anything you wish. I will be glad to build it for you and send via email. Just let me know what the font is.
Thank you for your help. I am sorry for my delay responding but I was away. In the end I built the text in png and set the trasparent background ...
Many thanks again, you have been very kind.

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Perfect! That's exactly how to do it. Now it will display properly in all scenarios.

r3za

Post by r3za » Thu May 30, 2013 1:30 pm

iNsaneOS wrote:This is working for headers and text and such in 8.5.7, but is there any way to use a non web-safe font in a marquee? I really need this. I've been developing websites for nearly 10 years now, but I know nothing about CSS. I'm outdated. Thanks a lot to whoever can help me.
Hello there and thanks for the question. I am not sure if I understand you. do you have skype? if so please add reza__admin (there are 2 underscores) or email me your full request to virtualdesigners@london.com
Reza
Web Design and Search Engine Optimisation

Http://www.SEO25.com
Free URL Rate & Site Value Tool - Free Search Engine Submission!