CSV Table Sort (Free) WWB8.2+

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Adendum

CSV Table Sort (Free) WWB8.2+

Post by Adendum »

A PHP and jQuery utility to convert a comma delimited CSV file into a standard HTML table with sorting and formatting options.

Requires your page to be PHP (therefore a server supporting PHP) and comma delimited CSV files. Built using EB4 and therefore only works with WWB8.2.1.

Demo using three tables on a page.

Please read the help file for full set up requirements and instructions on property syntax.

And a big thank you goes out to Jordan and Pascal (Crochepattes) for getting me over the last hurdle. :)
Last edited by Adendum on Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB extensions - refer to CJS.
Aditerum - No longer supporting WWB templates - refer to CJS.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
Death to Internet Explorer!
FX3D

Re: CSV Table Sort (Free)

Post by FX3D »

AWESOME work Adendum, maybe Naval can use this for an updated webshop ;) :P
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

FX3D

Thanks. I'm sure there will be a few users that will gain some benefit from this extension. No idea how or why Naval would want to incorporate this into his Webshop but he is more than welcome to take my Extension Builder file.

WWB 9.4; Ext Builder 4.2; Windows 10 64bit; Intel Core i7-3770 Processor 3.40Ghz; 16.0Gb RAM
FX3D

Post by FX3D »

Just thinking of a product sort in the back end ? maybe I am asking for too much ;) :P
jordan

Post by jordan »

yep yep rabbit outta hat, cuffed and tagged!
like a free script with a six digit number lock . :mrgreen: . goOd you finished it anyway Paul
+ of course TNX for your index update mail
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

lol

Adendum

Re: CSV Table Sort (Free) ** UPDATED **

Post by Adendum »

25/07/12 : Updated to allow use of CSV files already on the server, such as FORM data CSV files (as long as they are comma delimited).

I have noted several users trying to view form data with the data viewer extension and not having much luck so I have amended this extension to give users the option of uploading a local CSV file or to use an existing CSV file that is already on the server.

A local file is always uploaded to the /csvtablesort/data/ folder but as an existing CSV file could be anywhere on the server you will need to enter a relative location. The default setting provided is ././formdata.csv which assumes your CSV file (formdata.csv) is in the root folder.

I have tested this using one of my own forms (uses DBTS Forms Processor) and the results were successful.

Adendum

Re: CSV Table Sort (Free) ** UPDATED **

Post by Adendum »

26/07/12 : Updated to allow styling to the header font (family and colour)

Live example.

FX3D

Post by FX3D »

Adendum wrote:26/07/12 : Updated to allow styling to the header font (family and colour)

Live example.
Good work this extension just keeps getting better :D and FREE :P

thnx again

FX
Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Free but I am happy to take donations (added the feature a couple of weeks ago)!! :)

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Keith,

If there is a way to get a hyperlink into a CSV file I haven't found one. I've tried lots of different methods but nothing sticks. The only thing I can think of (someone else may have some ideas) is to place a graphic or image map at the right hand side of the table and link from those.

Adendum

Post by Adendum »

Adendum wrote:If there is a way to get a hyperlink into a CSV file I haven't found one. I've tried lots of different methods but nothing sticks. The only thing I can think of (someone else may have some ideas) is to place a graphic or image map at the right hand side of the table and link from those.
Ta Da!!!!!!!!

I just worked out how to make a link in a CSV file that translates when using CSV Tablesort (previous attempts had too few or too many " marks). If you visit the demo page and scroll down to the third table with Formula 1 data and skip to the last record you will see that the Lotus Renault team for Karun Chandhok is now a hyperlink to the Lotus Renault F1 team site.

The syntax used in the CSV file is :-

"28 ","Karun Chandhok ","Indian ",<a title="Lotus Renault" target="_blank" href="http://www.lotusf1team.com">Lotus Renault</a>,0