MULTI RESPONSIVE MENU

In this section you can share self-made extensions with other users of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
There is a dedicated section for commercial extensions.
Patrik iden

MULTI RESPONSIVE MENU

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, i just made this Extension: Multi responsive menu. This is a responsive menu/navigation with on level sub menu.
I must warn you that there are many settings in this Extension (about 165 of them). But I am including 4 WWB projects
with different settings for the Menu as well, so that it may be more convenient for you to set up the Menu just the way you want it to look.

I am making this Extension separat so that any one that are NOT using sub menues can use the Extension that does not have any sub menus (this version is easier to setup).

When i was making this menu i come across a problem. The problem was that when you setup in WWB to have the page centered, WWB will create an conatiner div element and this div is set to 970px in width or what ever width you set the page to be. So having only the Menu (and no other content on the page) then the menu worked fine, but as soon as i put in another object (no mather how small) then i got a scroll bar at the bottom inicating that the menu is to wide. So i hade to come up with a solution. I tested in Firefox Web console to change the width:970px on the container elemet to max-width:970px !important and that did the trik. So i added a value in the css like this: div#container{max-width:970px !important;} but this dident work, the width:970px was still in there and not over ridden buy the !important setting. Now i got confused WHAT!!! So ok what now, ok lets try some jQuery and i came up whit this:

<script>
$(document).ready(function () {
$('#container').attr('id','content');
$("#content").css("cssText", "max-width: 970px !important;");
$("#content").css({ 'position': 'relative', 'margin': '0 auto 0 auto', 'text-align': 'left'});
});
</script>

And finally this did the trik for this problem. There ware many many problems making this Extension but i think finally it's working.
But just so you know this Extension is changing the div#container element to div#content. I talked to WWB Support about doing this and
He do not think it has any significance (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=66598).

Important!!! If you use the menu on a Master page and insert it in a page by using master object, make sure to unchech the use as layer value!!!

The projects files:
You can consider the included WWB project files as Themes for the menu. You can import one of the project files in to your own project
and use the menu as is or change it's settings as you please. The Demo projects reflects the WWB projectsfiles.

The icon for indicating sub menu comes from including the ionicons, you can find the cheatsheet for these icons here: http://ionicons.com/cheatsheet.html use the CSS content value to change the icon.

Tip: If you import the mastermenu page from a project, then you don't have to make a new master page. Just put in a master object in the pages whare you whant to use the menu
(DO NOT FORGET TO TURN OF THE USE AS LAYER IN MASTER OBJECT!!!).

And don't use links on the main menu buttons that have sub menus. And don't have sub menus on the HOME Button/link

I hope this Extension wont be to difficult to use/set up but i did my best. Hope it comes in handy for many WWB users.

Thank you.

Demo sites:
Gradient Rounded: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html
Flat one: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html
Flat two: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html
Flat with no deviders in bigscreen menu: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html

Update 2015-04-29 v1.0.0.1:

1. Added a option to show active color on main menu when clicking a sub menu link, so that a user can see what main menu category they are in.
The "Use active links" is now named "Use active links and Show active color on maine menu when on sub menu"
and you now have 3 options: Yes=Shows active links, Active_On_Sub=Shows active links and also shows active color on main menu when clicking a sub menu link, No=Shows no Active links.

2. Removed a redundant left border from Mobilemenu first link.

3. Fix: You can now use the synchronize with site manager.

Update 2015-05-03 v1.0.0.1:

1. Fixed a small bug.

Update 2015-05-05 v1.0.0.1:

1. Fixed some small bugs.

Download links: https://mega.nz/#!sgFnWZhK!jBz_Lh7PdueO ... ukHoAY0I-I
Last edited by Patrik iden on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 14 times in total.
andyp

Re: MULTI RESPONSIVE MENU

Post by andyp »

Great thanks Patrik.... really good idea to keep the standard RM and the MRM separate.

Have downloaded but dont have time at this immediate moment in time to try this out... but will certainly do that very soon.

Thanks Patrik :)

................ 165 variations!
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
CJS

Post by CJS »

Looks great. Thanks Patrik. I'm going to try it next week on a project I need to re do.
basstuuk

Post by basstuuk »

Thank you for all the work that you've had.
greeting Bas :D
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello, i notic a problem with this menu, well i see it at as problem, but this is how the menu originaly works. The problem is this:

If you have a link on a main menu button that has sub menu, if you click this link it will direct you to this page. So this is as it should be in a menu that do not toggle to a mobile menu that also have the sub menus.
But when you click this link in the mobile menu then you will be directed to the submenu not the to the page that this link is pointing to, and that means that this page is not reachable from the mobile menu,
so you will have to put this link in the drop down menu instead.

I'm also thinking about modifying the activelink.js file/script that is included with the menu (this is the script that makt it possible to show active colors on the active links. The change i'm planing on doing is so when you click a link in a sub menu
the main menu parrent link will also have the active color so that you can see what sub menu link you have clicked so to speak. What do you guys think abot this?

I have made this change in this Demo: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html

Just click a link in a sub menu and you will se what i mean.

And then you can compare whit this Demo: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... index.html

And tell me what you think.

Thank you.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik

Firstly just got the latest version and it' looks brilliant, I love the fact that you have so many options to tweak. Absolutely first class job and I am really happy with it.... well done!!!!

I haven't played with it yet, but reading your post regarding sub menus... I usually have the main menu buttons (that have sub menus) as a sign post or header for those sub menus. What I mean is that in your example demo, the clients, projects and admin wouldn't link to a page as such as we're only interested in getting to the categories below each of these general headings and so they (clients, project & admin buttons) would be set up to link to #. Therefore they are in effect dummies to just drop down to the sub menus.

I hope I've understood and am using the menu system correctly, and maybe some folks do it differently and may want pages for the aforementioned buttons but generally for me, they would be set on my sites as a clickable means to reach the sub menus that are linked to actual pages.

Hope this makes sense and is useful...
Trev
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

TrevH wrote:Hi Patrik

Firstly just got the latest version and it' looks brilliant, I love the fact that you have so many options to tweak. Absolutely first class job and I am really happy with it.... well done!!!!

I haven't played with it yet, but reading your post regarding sub menus... I usually have the main menu buttons (that have sub menus) as a sign post or header for those sub menus. What I mean is that in your example demo, the clients, projects and admin wouldn't link to a page as such as we're only interested in getting to the categories below each of these general headings and so they (clients, project & admin buttons) would be set up to link to #. Therefore they are in effect dummies to just drop down to the sub menus.

I hope I've understood and am using the menu system correctly, and maybe some folks do it differently and may want pages for the aforementioned buttons but generally for me, they would be set on my sites as a clickable means to reach the sub menus that are linked to actual pages.

Hope this makes sense and is useful...
Trev
Hey TrevH and Thank you. Yes i think this is the only way to this menu, hope that this is satisfactory for every one.

What do you think of the demo: http://test3.fcab.se/responsive_menu_te ... weden.html
In this demo i have changed the activelink.js script so that when clicking a sub menu link, this link as well as the main menu link will have the active/current color set to them.
This way a user can see what main menu item the sub page belongs to.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi patrik,

Just testing the demo on my main chrome browser using "Mobile/RWD Tester" and the menu doesn't fold into a hamburger style, the buttons instead drop below each other to fit the screen. If this is intentional then I have to say I prefer the old hamburger menu because as the menu folds it takes up a great deal of space on the mobile screen. It does however work on my android phone.

I like the MRM that I recently downloaded, but I'll need some time to better test it out... perhaps over the weekend. I think you have created a menu that really looks like it sets a high benchmark.

Many thanks
Trev :D
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

TrevH wrote:Hi patrik,

Just testing the demo on my main chrome browser using "Mobile/RWD Tester" and the menu doesn't fold into a hamburger style, the buttons instead drop below each other to fit the screen. If this is intentional then I have to say I prefer the old hamburger menu because as the menu folds it takes up a great deal of space on the mobile screen. It does however work on my android phone.

I like the MRM that I recently downloaded, but I'll need some time to better test it out... perhaps over the weekend. I think you have created a menu that really looks like it sets a high benchmark.

Many thanks
This is not intended, but i can't reproduce this, works for me in Chrom and in FF using Mobile/RWD Tester. Have you checked the other demos in Mobile/RWD?
Thank you.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Just tried the last demo again, must have been my browser as it now works fine (as do all the others)! :?

Great job!!!!!
mustafa.gramocelji

Post by mustafa.gramocelji »

Download link not work anymore :(
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

mustafa.gramocelji wrote:Download link not work anymore :(
Sorry about that. Try it now. Also made an small update to v1.0.0.1
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Just playing around with menu, and unfortunately found a problem...

I opened the flat2 wbs demo project. I then added a page to the site & saved project.

I found that when I enter the very first menu setting (where one adds the pages to the menu) that there was a "synchronize with site manager" box. So I ticked it hoping it would pick up the new page... however what happened was that none of the buttons then had any text on them when put into the browser. When I hover over each button I can see that each blank button does relate to a page from looking in the status bar on the browser, and the menu did include the new page, but as I said all the buttons have no text whatsoever on them. This applies to both big screen and mobile. If I go back into the menu and untick the "synchronize with site manager" box then the text on each button then reappears. I then would have to add every page manually.

Is this fixable as the synchronize option is a great time saver?

many thanks
Trev.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

TrevH wrote:Hi Patrik,

Just playing around with menu, and unfortunately found a problem...

I opened the flat2 wbs demo project. I then added a page to the site & saved project.

I found that when I enter the very first menu setting (where one adds the pages to the menu) that there was a "synchronize with site manager" box. So I ticked it hoping it would pick up the new page... however what happened was that none of the buttons then had any text on them when put into the browser. When I hover over each button I can see that each blank button does relate to a page from looking in the status bar on the browser, and the menu did include the new page, but as I said all the buttons have no text whatsoever on them. This applies to both big screen and mobile. If I go back into the menu and untick the "synchronize with site manager" box then the text on each button then reappears. I then would have to add every page manually.

Is this fixable as the synchronize option is a great time saver?

many thanks
Trev.
Hello, i will have to look in to this. I don't realy know how the synchronize with site manager works (what code it adds etc). I have sent a question to support about this.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Still testing the menu and I think I have found a problem on the mobile, the back button won't return me to it's parent page from a submenu page... did you say you had recently altered the .js file? if so then this new function may be the issue.

To explain, When I go to a sub page and hit the back button I am still stuck on the subpage, and cannot get back to the parent page (as one can do with the big screen version).

I am using your demo project as before "flat 2" untouched in the mobile/rwd tester. I start on the home page... click "clients", the drop down menu appears with 3 items: back, ikea, fastec but the page title is still "home"... in other words the submenus appear for the selected page but you're not taken to the main page for those submenus... one cannot therefore get to the page "clients" as one can do in the big screen version.

As per a previous post it may be an idea to link category pages to just an external link "#" to create dummy buttons when one just wants to head the sub menus, and although your .js workaround does a similar thing, the problem is with the .js workaround is that if one puts subpages under an important page like the main home page, users cannot get back to the home page.

Could I suggest reverting the .js script back and testing using the "#" link method to create dummy buttons for menu header.

hope this is helpful
Trev.
LTH

Post by LTH »

Sorry for the double post. I posted this in another thread but I think it should have been here.

Patrik another stupid newbie question. If I install the new version, v1.0.0.1, will I have to go back in and totally set up a new menu again or will I be able to keep my old settings? I'm pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to check before I downloaded and installed it as it really takes a lot of time to customize this menu with all the option we have available. I had noticed the "redundant left border" but forgot to mention it. Thanks for your hard work on this extension.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

LTH wrote:Sorry for the double post. I posted this in another thread but I think it should have been here.

Patrik another stupid newbie question. If I install the new version, v1.0.0.1, will I have to go back in and totally set up a new menu again or will I be able to keep my old settings? I'm pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to check before I downloaded and installed it as it really takes a lot of time to customize this menu with all the option we have available. I had noticed the "redundant left border" but forgot to mention it. Thanks for your hard work on this extension.

No you will not have to setup the menu again. Thank you.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

I am using your demo project as before "flat 2" untouched in the mobile/rwd tester. I start on the home page... click "clients", the drop down menu appears with 3 items: back, ikea, fastec but the page title is still "home"... in other words the submenus appear for the selected page but you're not taken to the main page for those submenus... one cannot therefore get to the page "clients" as one can do in the big screen version.

This is the problem i was trying to explain before. This is not possible and it was not possible before either. In the demo i have no link on the Main clients button, So there is no clients page to go to.

The only differens in the current demo is that i have no links for the main sub menu buttons.

And i actuly dident do any changes to the original .js script. I just made one more .js file and if you in the Extension settings choose to "show active color on main menu button on sub menu click" then the menu will use this new .js file. But if you choose to just show Active links (YES value in the settings) then the menu will be exactly as before using the .js file that was used before.

The back button will always only take you back to the maine menu not back to previus page.

So as i said before this is a problem And specialy in regards to the HOME button.
I havent fould a solution for this and i get no answer from the original Menu script creator. So i will continue to try but for now al that i can recomend is not having links on submenu buttons and to not hav submenus on the HOME button. Or put in an extra HOME link in the submenu.
LTH

Post by LTH »

:( That's what I thought the answer would be. LOL
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

LTH wrote::( That's what I thought the answer would be. LOL
Now the synchronize with site manager is fixed anyway. Download again.
LTH

Post by LTH »

Here's another problem. I thought this was what you were talking about "redundant left border". It did take care of the mobile menu but it's still in the main menu. Here's a screenshot.

Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

LTH wrote:Here's another problem. I thought this was what you were talking about "redundant left border". It did take care of the mobile menu but it's still in the main menu. Here's a screenshot.

No this one you can turn of in the Menu properties. Go to: Menu/Turn on/of the left devider for the first button/link and set it to yes
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello LTH, i can really solve the problem with the links in mobile menu. Do know of any other mobile menu that this is working on? just can't figure out how to get the link working and after clicking the link open the sub menu.
The only other way i can think of is having the sub menu opened at mobile menu entry (see img below). Or to add an extra eg, HOME link in the sub menu and hide that link from the bigscreen menu.

TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

There are a few out there, although the code may vary and need altering to fit the extension. A basic thing I found was adding a back button to nav bar header http://demos.jquerymobile.com/1.4.5/toolbar/

For an experiment, on the master page I added a shape and assigned it to a smart link within the WB10 program, placed it just below the menu. It doesn't look pleasing but I wanted to test it on a mobile device and it does work... There is java code that would work in terms of doing the job, but how who knows if it can be implemented within the extension? Something like....

<a href="javascript:history.go(-1)" onMouseOver="self.status=document.referrer;return true">Go Back</a>

A few other places with menus that work but more like using accordion style, there is this one that has multi sub menus:
http://adnantopal.github.io/slimmenu/#

And then there's flexnav
http://jasonweaver.name/lab/flexiblenavigation/#content

I will keep looking, I am sure it can be figured out somehow, not an easy task but then making something this good has to be worth the struggle.

Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Yes the flex nav looks like how it should work, i'v to have seen this before. I will keep on testing. The maine problem i'm looking for a solution is how to click the link and open this link but still have the sub menu opend. I can get the link to work but this will reload the page (i think) so the sub menu will be closed. Any way thank you for your help :D
andyp

Post by andyp »

Been away for a couple of days.... keep the good work up boys! :)
Making mistakes....and still learning as I go along.. and very grateful to those who know far more than me... :)
http://www.apgraphx.co.uk
LTH

Post by LTH »

Patrik is there a way to get this extension to work with a master_frame page? I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to show on any page that's associated with a master_frame page. I can view the master_frame page and it works fine but not any that's associated with it. I hope this make's since.
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

LTH wrote:Patrik is there a way to get this extension to work with a master_frame page? I've tried everything I can think of and can't get it to show on any page that's associated with a master_frame page. I can view the master_frame page and it works fine but not any that's associated with it. I hope this make's since.
It works fine for me. How exactly are you doing? Do you have a demo page? can you send me your project file?
LTH

Post by LTH »

I'll get you one made up. How can I send it to you?
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

LTH wrote:I'll get you one made up. How can I send it to you?
Last edited by Patrik iden on Fri May 01, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTH

Post by LTH »

It should be there soon. Thx
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

You have not added any Master object to index page.

1. In the toolbox/advanced look for Master object.
2. Drag it to the workspace.
3. Dubble click it and pick the master_fram page (Make sure to uncheck the "as layer option").

4. Tip: Make a new master_page for the menu, a page with only the menu on.
LTH

Post by LTH »

flatshad at hotmail.com

I think I understand now Patrik. I was under the impression you had to use either a master_page or master_frame page. I didn't know that you could use them both together. Thanks so much for your help. :D
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello. I have fixed some small bugs. Please download again.
mayur007

Post by mayur007 »

nice work
redbadnap

Post by redbadnap »

Great work!

A question: can this extension manage page in a folder like this:

Look this demo:
http://onesofties.xoom.it/resp_menu/index.html

The simple project is here:
http://onesofties.xoom.it/resp_menu/resp_menu.wbs

Thanks a lot
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

Hello. cant realy say why this is happening, the only thing i can think of to fix this right now is to put in real path's like: http://onesofties.xoom.it/resp_menu/One/onepage1.html and http://onesofties.xoom.it/resp_menu/One/onepage2.html. I will look in this further.

Thank you.
redbadnap

Post by redbadnap »

Ok ok, no problem, it's just to experience the capabilities of the extension, but it also happens synchronizing with site manager ...
tdr

Post by tdr »

Great work on this extension!

I was trying to see if I could make it a docked menu by placing it inside a docked layer on the master page, and setting the layer type to docked layer / dock on top. However it's not working for me.
Has anybody been able to achieve something like this?
thanks
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

tdr wrote:Great work on this extension!

I was trying to see if I could make it a docked menu by placing it inside a docked layer on the master page, and setting the layer type to docked layer / dock on top. However it's not working for me.
Has anybody been able to achieve something like this?
thanks
What exactly are you trying to do here? The menu is docked to the top by default. Do you have a link to the site?
tdr

Post by tdr »

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself well enough - you know those web pages where you scroll the page and the menu is always visible as you scroll to the bottom? I would like to achieve an effect like that. Docked layers do this.
see this example of what I mean http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/54542.html
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

tdr wrote:I'm sorry I didn't explain myself well enough - you know those web pages where you scroll the page and the menu is always visible as you scroll to the bottom? I would like to achieve an effect like that. Docked layers do this.
see this example of what I mean http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/54542.html

OK, you do not need to use any layer for this (in fact you should not use layer for this menu at all). There is a option in the menu settings "fixed positios" set this to yes. Now the menu will be fixed to the top eaven if you scroll the page.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

I would like to know if it is possible to add a transparent option to the menu colour schemes, I have a background image and would like the buttons to sit on top of it, but cannot find the transparent (clear) background option. Also if it is possible... then could a transparency % be added to the colours?

Many thanks...
Trev
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

I would like to know if it is possible to add a transparent option to the menu colour schemes, I have a background image and would like the buttons to sit on top of it, but cannot find the transparent (clear) background option. Also if it is possible... then could a transparency % be added to the colours?

Many thanks...
Trev
Hello, cant's you just use the same color as the background?
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

The background is an image, as in a picture and not a solid single colour...

Perhaps all that is needed is to modify the input boxes on the menu's various properties sections to allow letters as well as numbers... that way I could input the word "transparent" and if it works like regular html then the colour would be transparent. Hope that makes sense?

Many thanks...
Trev
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

The background is an image, as in a picture and not a solid single colour...

Perhaps all that is needed is to modify the input boxes on the menu's various properties sections to allow letters as well as numbers... that way I could input the word "transparent" and if it works like regular html then the colour would be transparent. Hope that makes sense?

Many thanks...
Trev
Yes the problem is that i don't knw how to put this function/option in to the Extension builder. I have asked Support about this.

You can change the css settings whit this codes, just use some of this code in an HTML object:

Code: Select all

.rmm ul li a {
background: transparent !important;
}

or

.rmm ul li a {
opacity: 0.5;
}

and

.ribbon, .rmm-toggled {
background: transparent !important;
}

or

.ribbon, .rmm-toggled {
opacity: 0.5;
}

You may have to set the following to the same as well

.ribbon

.rmm-mobile .current_yes > a

.rmm-toggled

.rmm ul li a

.rmm.style .rmm-mobile li a

.rmm-mobile .current_yes > a

.current_yes > a

.rmm-back > a:nth-child(1)

.rmm ul ul li a
TrevH

Post by TrevH »

Hi Patrik,

Thank you for your fast response, I'll give it a go...

:D
Patrik iden

Post by Patrik iden »

tdr

Post by tdr »

Patrik iden wrote:
Patrik iden wrote: OK, you do not need to use any layer for this (in fact you should not use layer for this menu at all). There is a option in the menu settings "fixed positios" set this to yes. Now the menu will be fixed to the top eaven if you scroll the page.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
Brilliant, exactly what I needed, I didn't see this option even though it was right there in front of me :? . Thanks.
tdr

Post by tdr »

Is there a way I could have an inline logo with the menu on the left? e.g. as per this example http://www.govx.com/
thanks!