Built-in Signup form

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
Biju

Built-in Signup form

Post by Biju »

If only one filed has error (eg. E mail), why all other fields are clearing with a message "Email is not a valid email address. Please check and try again."

in this case only the Email input filed should be cleared and not all other fields that has no errors.

This behaviour act as a 'Reset' button.
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~

Re: Built-in Signup form

Post by BaconFries »

No the purpose of a reset button is to reset all fields not just those that are filled incorrectly.So this is not a error and works as intended.
Biju

Post by Biju »

I am not talking about 'Reset'. I know the purpose of reset button.

When we click "create user" button, all correctly filled fields should be remain filled there except incorrect fields.

But in our case if one filed is incorrect, all other correctly filled fields are also cleared when click 'Create User' button. So we have to start filling all the fields (correctly filled and incorrectly filled) from the beginning.

That is what I said "This behaviour act as a 'Reset' button."

Hope you understood what I meant.
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~

Post by Pablo »

If you submit a form then the browser will clear all contents of the form, because it will reload the page to process the data. The browser will not store the values.
You will need to implement some kind of state storage, for example by using web storage.
Biju

Post by Biju »

If you submit a form then the browser will clear all contents of the form
Correct.. But if all the fileds are not filled/correct how the form will be submitted.
In google and facebook signup the correct input data will be remain there even if we click next or create account button (They will not clear ALL the data which already enetered) . So that we can correct the incorrect/un-filled data only (see images beelow)

Facebook

Google
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~

Post by Pablo »

There is no standard functionality in HTML that will save the data, you will have to do this yourself.
Biju

Post by Biju »

Thanks Pablo,
Validation can be done before redirecting the page to next page.
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~

Post by Pablo »

Validation can be done before redirecting the page to next page.
Not if the data is validated on the server, like in the login tools. In that case the data must first be send to the server.
If you need more advanced validation then convert the login form to a standard form.
petertj

Post by petertj »

Here are some suggestions:
Message to Pablo: I would be happy to check your English in both the written PDF instructions and some of the built in tools. Sometimes it gets to be completely incomprehensible.

The "login tools' demonstration template is confusing and poorly explained.

There is no sequential start here by taking 'this' and doing 'that' to it.

Whoever wrote this template really is not a good communicator. This is frustrating because setting up a login page like this should take say two hours from start to finish whereas I find that I am still confused as to what is meant by many of the spurious bits and pieces of instructions.

In conclusion, this template is more difficult to understand than simply taking the components and using user logic to put them together.

And please don't tell me that I've put this message in the wrong place.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry to hear that my English is bad and I'm a not a good communicator.
I really did the best I can with the best intentions. I'm sorry to be such a failure. Maybe I should look for another hobby :?

Related (confusing?) documentation:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Pablo do not take offence to the previous comments by petertj there is always one who is never satisfied or appreciates what you do. Keep up the great work questions. nd the 'free' service you provide to those who appreciate it.
@petertj I would say that you have placed this in the wrong thread if you have a comment to state you should open a new thread instead of hijacking the op questions to Pablo.
petertj

Post by petertj »

No offence was intended. I was once advised by a major software manufacturer that writing instruction manuals took them longer to write than the application.

Just to put the record straight I am very satisfied with what I consider to be the best piece of software I have encountered in an IT career spanning 37 years. A better response would have been a query as to how the issue described could have been improved.

Both you Pablo and Baconfries should note that my criticism was accompanied by an offer to help to improve the noted issue. This offer was not taken up.

On the basis that it must take Pablo a huge number of hours on a daily basis to produce such an excellent piece of software it would make sense if some of this load was shared.

Baconfries, why don't you assist me in making video tutorials to help others to understand how to use WWB more easily than at present?
maxime

Post by maxime »

... how to use WWB more easily than at present?

wowwwwww what affirmation! in few word you just saying that member who has made excellent video did not a good job ! And then you mean that you , will do a better job. But, you need help of baconfries ... Thats is very funny !

Are you aware that there is already some excellent video tutorial offers by member ?
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/video_tutorials.html

And there is also here a lot of tutorial with project and there is also Template .