Login / Logout

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
alex4orly

Re: Login / Logout

Post by alex4orly »

I understand Pablo, there are only 24 hours a day...

Suggestions:

1) In the Admin setup dialog, setup a flag to enable bypassing of the login. If that was an option - we could place the admin object on a page that we could use the page protect object and place on that same page other objects providing all the functionality with one single login.
AND / OR
2) In the above mentioned setup dialog, add an option for an extra button, the button text, and what other page will the button call when clicked.

Also regarding this Admin object. With any website that I visit and need to log in, there is a timeout and there is no situation that I can visit my Bank account for example after closing the browser WITHOUT logging out and I will still be logged into my session, why is it the case here?

Thanks again for your help
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

1) In the Admin setup dialog, setup a flag to enable bypassing of the login. If that was an option - we could place the admin object on a page that we could use the page protect object and place on that same page other objects providing all the functionality with one single login.
This will not be possible because the admin script runs on a different page, so that page is not automatically protected.
2) In the above mentioned setup dialog, add an option for an extra button, the button text, and what other page will the button call when clicked.
I will think about this.
Also regarding this Admin object. With any website that I visit and need to log in, there is a timeout and there is no situation that I can visit my Bank account for example after closing the browser WITHOUT logging out and I will still be logged into my session, why is it the case here?
If you close the browser windows then this will end the login session. The timeout is meant to close the session when you forget to close the window. it's a standard PHP feature.
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

The timeout for some reason doesn't work for me
I tried it with several browsers and all the same
I stay logged into the page : loginadmin.php

I really don't know what to do about it, my club Administrator is concerned that the members list stays exposed
lummis

Post by lummis »

@alex4orly I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do but it does seem as though you may be over-complicating things.

My approach would be to have a separate page for the login object - this can be accessed either from your menu or a button labelled Admin which directs the administrator to the login page by means of a link. Then make all the pages that the administrator needs to access as sub pages of the login page and add the protect page object to each of the sub pages. In the Login Object properties, make the first sub page the Destination Page. Depending on how many sub pages you have you may wish to place a menu on this Destination Page linking to the other sub pages.

This way once the Administrator has logged in he/she has access to all the other protected pages and does not have to login again. The sub pages can have access to the database and depending on what you want to do you can use the various extensions to help. I currently use the DBTS Form Processor, MySQL Connector, MySQL Table Editor and the Dataviewer extensions in my protected sub pages.

I have made the assumption that the Administrator is the only person needing to access the database and that you do not want members to have access as this may make it a bit more complicated.

Unfortunately I am about to go away for a couple of weeks otherwise I would have tried to set up a dummy wbs file to show you how this works.

Brian
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Brian,

This is exactly what I am trying to say - I want to simplify this, not complicate it.
I want to be able to have ONE single access page, protected by ONE login object, and once the Administrator logs in, there will be on that page several other objects / links which DO NOT need again to be logged into

If the Admin object could have been set without the need to have a login, that would be the best option here.
Please look at my site here : http://www.nmaa-rc.org.au
At the bottom, left hand side there is a button labelled "Admin", click on it - there are two objects on this page, the Admin Login object and the Reporting button object.

In the current tools, each of them needs to be logged in separately which in my mind is a big nuisance, once logged in, each of them requires a Logout action... Instead, if the Admin Object could be setup WITHOUT the need to log in, I could setup ONE single protected page, on it place all the objects I need, all will be accessed by that single page login.

The club members have their own login on the top right, they each need to access their own membership record, to update details and renew membership. It is all in the same database.

Thanks for you comments and have a good time
Alex
lummis

Post by lummis »

Alex - I am on a different time frame here in the UK so have only just seen your reply. I think that the confusion has arisen as you are using two different objects - the Admin and the Login - to achieve the same purpose. By using just the Admin object on a separate page this should produce a list of all the members with the ability to add, delete, or edit any of the information in the table that contains the details of your members. The only thing I don't know is whether you are also looking for the Administrator to be able to amend data in a different table as that will make life a bit more difficult.

Brian
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Brian,

We all leave in different time zones, no need to apologise, I appreciate any comments whenever they come...
I know that the management list comes on another page after I log in, I do use that object for Add, Edit and delete members.
I am also using another object - an Extension - DBTS CSV List from Navaldesign, but that is to generate a report of the members list.
Both objects need to be locked for anybody else other than the Club Administrator.

I tried to add a button to the Add, Edit, Delete page so as to be able to call the other page with the report in it, but my PHP knowledge is insufficient to achieve this.

Cheers
Alex
Navaldesign

Post by Navaldesign »

I'm on holiday till tuesday. On retutn i will try to provvide you a piece of code to use in a "login" page to allow a single login both for
the members area and the DBTS CSV lista.
www.dbtechnosystems.com
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Enjoy your holiday

Cheers