Lost in a database desert. Each Oasis is only a mirage.

Issues related to the Login tools of WYSIWYG Web Builder.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_basics.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/login_tools.html

TIP:
A lot of information about the login tools can be found in the help/manual.
Also checkout the demo template that is include with the software.
CosmickGold

Lost in a database desert. Each Oasis is only a mirage.

Post by CosmickGold »

I've been trying for three days to put a database together with WB, but I am still lost. There is LOTS of literature about it in WB Help, YouTube, and elsewhere, and all the individual descriptions and instructions both make sense and work. But when I try to put it all together, the pieces won't fit with each other! They are like pieces from several different jigsaw puzzles that refuse to build one complete picture.

NEED ONE: Does WB have a built-in database admin panel I can substitue for phpMyAdmin? If so, I have not found it.

PROBLEM TWO: My website host, Freewha.com, provides a panel named phpMyAdmin, and I've spent some hours learning to use it. But it is in a subfolder I can't see, along with the database it creates, and I haven't been able to find a way to link WB to this hidden folder/database. So I created a new folder I can see, and used WB to create a database in it. But the site's version of phpMyAdmin can't seem to find my new database.

PROBLEM THREE: Into this new folder, I also uploaded the latest version of phpMyAdmin, right beside my new database from WB. Then I tried to run this new copy of phpMyAdmin from its "index.php", but only got an error message about missing files, which also stated I likely didn't set the software up first. So I entered its subfolder named "setup", and clicked the file inside which is also named index.php". That gave me only a while screen, where nothing more happened.

PROBLEM FOUR: The error message from attempting to run phpMyAdmin also told me I seemed to be missing supporting software, starting with "Composer" which would find and install additional software as needed. aaaAAAHHH!!! I stopped there, due to wanting something simple I can set up for others with the simplicity they need to maintain things themselves. I don't want to install more and more software that requires more and more software to run more and more software; that could go on to infinity!

NEED FIVE: Does WB have an interface for the database I created, for auto-entering data from customers into my relational MySQL database with "product", "customer", and "sales" tables? Likewise, does WD a way to read monthly data collections in a spreadsheet? I have not yet found found those features.

Sincerely,

Struggling and Lost
My contact info: WebViews.us@gmail.com
Pablo

Re: Lost in a database desert. Each Oasis is only a mirage.

Post by Pablo »

NEED ONE: Does WB have a built-in database admin panel I can substitue for phpMyAdmin? If so, I have not found it.
No, if you want to work with database then you will have to get familiar with phpMyAdmin.
But it is in a subfolder I can't see, along with the database it creates, and I haven't been able to find a way to link WB to this hidden folder/database.
Databases are not stored in folders. if you create a database with phpMyAdmin then it is accessible from any folder on your website.

Step 1:
Create the table in phpoMyAdmin

Step 2
Enter the username, password, databasename and table name in the properties of the login tools.
PROBLEM THREE: Into this new folder, I also uploaded the latest version of phpMyAdmin, right beside my new database from WB.
You should not have to install phpMyAdmin yourself, this is should be done by your web host.
I cannot help you with installing this third party software on the web server. But I don't think phpMyAdmin should be installed in the same folder as your pages.
Does WB have an interface for the database I created, for auto-entering data from customers into my relational MySQL database with "product", "customer", and "sales" tables?
You can edit basic tables with MYSQL CRUD, but you still need phpMyAdmin to setup the database.
CosmickGold

Post by CosmickGold »

Wow Pablo,

I was very impressed to be receiving a reply from you, the man at the top, who did it all. Thank you for taking the time.

----------------------------

I am still being unable to log in. The closest I get is with this setting:

http://www.webviews.us/images/login.png

Which returns the following pair of errors:
Warning: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'www.webviews.us'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/vhosts/www.webviews.us/login.php on line 18

Warning: mysqli_error() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/vhosts/www.webviews.us/login.php on line 21
Failed to connect to database server!
I Googled "mysqli", and read that it's the newer version of MySQL, with more advanced features. But I don't see a way to ask for it in the log-in form.

I'm making my login attempts from:
http://www.webviews.us/login.php
My contact info: WebViews.us@gmail.com
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

The error indicates that the login settings are invalid.
Are you sure these settings are correct?
MGD4me

Post by MGD4me »

Failed to connect to database server
As Pablo pointed out, likely your credentials are invalid (can't connect), or the database has not been granted user permissions to do so.

The best solution is to get more familiar with some of the basic features of using phpMyAdmin to make sure that the expected database and table exist. Then review the rights granted to whichever user you have selected. The application 'connects' by knowing the correct host, database, table, user, and password.