How can I put elements inside another one?

This section can be used to submit suggestions for Extension Builder.
Note that this section is not monitored for support.
Forum rules
This forum section can be used to submit suggestions for Extension Builder.
Note that this section is not monitored for support.
newnewnew

How can I put elements inside another one?

Post by newnewnew » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:24 pm

Let's say I created an extension which produces an object. This extension has let's say just '<div class="some-class"></div>'.

When I use the builder, I first put this extension onto the page. Then I want to drag another object (could be checkbox, button, etc.) and I want it to be inside the extension's div. Basically, how do I have containers, nested elements, parent child relation, call it w/e.

I know that if I drag and drop objects into the form object, this nested relationship exists. But it only works with that. How do I make it work with any container.

Navaldesign

Re: How can I put elements inside another one?

Post by Navaldesign » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:48 pm

You can't. because WWb executes extensions but it can't know what they are. Extensions are not "seen" as containers or layers.
If, however, the code related to the "extension" is so simple, you could simply use a layer and add the code in the layer HTML.

In particular you can add classes to the layer HTML -> Custom styles
www.dbtechnosystems.com

Pablo

Re: How can I put elements inside another one?

Post by Pablo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:32 am

You cannot implement containers with extensions, because extensions are not aware of other objects on the page.
But of course you use the a standard layer and add your own functionality in an extension to overwrite the behavior of the layer.