Issue with Extension Builder 6

This section can be used to submit suggestions for Extension Builder.
Note that this section is not monitored for support.
Forum rules
This forum section can be used to submit suggestions for Extension Builder.
Note that this section is not monitored for support.
presto

Issue with Extension Builder 6

Post by presto »

HTML code of extension does not publish content inserted in the 'After <body>tag' area or in the 'Before </body> tag' area of extension builder 6.
Pablo

Re: Issue with Extension Builder 6

Post by Pablo »

Maybe you have enabled one of the HTML/JavaScript formatting options in Tools->Options->HTML?
presto

Post by presto »

I mean in the HTML Code of the preview in extension builder itself. And no, I haven't enabled any formatting options in WWB 14.

I wonder if WWB directly is influencing the extension builder while generating and testing an extension within extension builder. Does it?
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Sorry, Extension Builder itself does not support these options.
In older versions all functionality was implemented in the extension itself, but later this has been moved to WWB for performance and maintenance reasons (the extension does not need to be updated when a bug is fixed in the functionality).
This means that newer functionality is not available in the 'simulator'.
presto

Post by presto »

Thanks for clarification. So if I put some content there, it will not be supported by the build in 'simulator' but it will be in the extension, nevertheless?

If this is not the case, doesn't it mean that the tabs "After <body> tag" and "Before </body> tag" in Extension Builder 6 are obsolet? Then they should be deleted to avoid confusion.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

but it will be in the extension, nevertheless?
Correct
If this is not the case, doesn't it mean that the tabs "After <body> tag" and "Before </body> tag" in Extension Builder 6 are obsolet?
These options are not obsolete, but they only work in the application, not in Extension Builder preview.