Setting Fonts?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ColinM

Re: Setting Fonts?

Post by ColinM » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:52 am

Pablo wrote:After selecting "automatically use @font face... did you also enable all fonts types with 'Manage'?
AHHH! - Do each of the 4 check boxes have to be "ticked" please Pablo?

There are already files types for each of these generated in the server project folder root directory - TTF is currently ticked - what's the advantage of ticking the other 3 (EOT, SVG and WOFF)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
Please think before you post, be polite, don't hijack threads and above all please respect Pablo's huge effort!
My Website

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:08 am

I would first try to include woff and see if that works.

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:18 am

Pablo wrote:I would first try to include woff and see if that works.
OK thanks Pablo . 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
Please think before you post, be polite, don't hijack threads and above all please respect Pablo's huge effort!
My Website

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi Colin, just want to give my point of view:
When using non-websafe fonts I always use @font-face fonts. I use the method "Manually specify @font-face fonts". In this way you have to use the fonts in correct way and you are sure to have the different fontfiles for each font-face and that they are working. eot, svg, ttf and woff.
As Pablo wrote "Automathic generate @font-face fonts" doesn't work for some fonts. But to generate this files before use in WWB works very well.
If you use this method the the font will work in all browsers. As I'm a font-neard (producing my own fonts) I'm very careful what to use and that it will work in projects and browsers. The manually "@font-face" method gives full control for the fonts.
As mentioned earlier in this thread some prefer "Google fonts", but I don't. My testing has proved that the "@font-face" method works faster for your site because the font is in the same catalogue as the project on your webserver. More secure! But this can be subject for a new Forum :lol:
Just wanted to share my experience and point of view.

Saludos
"Make My Day"

See my Website

protectourlands

Post by protectourlands » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi Colin

The fonts have to be checked in order for the @fontface CSS to reference them. Otherwise they will not be written into the style. But this is still unpredictable as WWB attempts to write these formats. The "Manually specify @fontface" method Bluesman gave is the best method for getting the best result possible you can. Obtain the 4 file formats first, then enter their directory path in Manage.

My biggest problem with @fontface is that even after you go through all this you still have to be sure the font license does not forbid it's use in @fontface. Additionally, even after doing it this way I would still occasionally get a client reply that a customer of theirs could not view the site well on an Iphone 3 or some RCA android tablet Walmart sold 3 years ago. Bluesman could be right - that this process yields faster page load times than Google fonts. I am not sure about that or that it is less secure. I just know that it in comparison to manual @fontface it is a single step process and it works with no issues in my experience.

This would be a good new forum post. I would love to know what others are experiencing using these various methods of breaking out of the websafe fonts box.

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi Bluesman and protectourlands,

Thank you both for your time, care and input. 8)

Bluesman - I was wondering about that option, so your post. Just a question - Can you explain more on doing this, the font download is a TTF - so I download that font TTF - how do I create and path to the 4 file types and are the file names generic of font name driven?
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
My Website

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi Colin. For using the "Manually specify @font-face fonts" option in Web Fonts handling, you must have the 4 fontfiles from start.
The .ttf font you install as usually in the fonts library in Windows OS or by a fonthandler ex NexusFont. Then copy all fontfiles into a folder in your web project or a place on your harddrive for webfonts.
- Chose manage and add the fonts for use.
- The first option you choose the font from your regular fontlibrary.
- The other four options from where you made your webfonts library
- Repeat for all fonts.
If you only have the ttf font file you can use https://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator or you can download the complete webfont kit from: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/
Here you can get fonts with the complete free license. When using the webfont-generator the software let you know if the font is not for free use.

The font files are generic

Hope this will help some...

Saludos
"Make My Day"

See my Website

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:15 am

Hi Bluesman - thank you VERY much - have quite a few projects on the go at the moment so will go though that when I get a chance and yell if I need more help - really appreciate your help.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
My Website

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:19 am

Your welcome
:)
"Make My Day"

See my Website

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 pm

How to automatically replace on my website (dozens of pages) the Arial font, installed on my computer, by Arial Google Font?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

You can use 'Global Replace' in the tools menu to globally replace fonts.