Transferring a site...

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
adrian5750

Transferring a site...

Post by adrian5750 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:42 pm

HI Folks
I've a client who's been running their own website successfully using WYSIWYG for some years.

A while back, I made them a mobile jquery 'mini-site' - just a few of the pages from the main site, with mobile redirects - just to keep Google happy.<g>

They now want to expand the jquery site, and run it alongside the 'desktop' site. Making a single fully-responsive site isn't an option - so they're aware that they'll need to keep any updated content 'in-step' between the two sections of the site.

So - I have the mini-site here as a separate WYSIWYG project.

What's the correct process for transferring the jquery site to the client (via email), and them integrating it into their existing project?
Are the jquery style settings included in the mini-site, and will they automatically be transferred?

Many thanks
Adrian

Pablo

Re: Transferring a site...

Post by Pablo » Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 pm

You can import a page from another project with the 'Import Page from another project' option.
jQuery UI theme will not be included because these are global style definitions (not embedded in the project).
But you can merge themes by editing the 'mobilethemes.dat' file.

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi Pablo
Thanks for the fast reply.
Pablo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 pm
You can import a page from another project with the 'Import Page from another project' option.
OK - so if I save my mini-mobile-website project as a template and email the template file to my client, then my client can do 'create website from template' to create their copy of the mobile project. They can then use 'import page from another project' to pull in the mobile pages one at a time.
As they'll be creating the mobile pages by copy/paste from the 'desktop' pages, I think it's a lot simpler if both sets of pages are in the same project.
Pablo wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 pm
jQuery UI theme will not be included because these are global style definitions (not embedded in the project).
But you can merge themes by editing the 'mobilethemes.dat' file.
Right.......
At the moment, they have no jquery mobile pages in their project - so, if I was just to email them my 'mobilethemes.dat' file, and they were to put it in the appropriate folder, would that do the job?
I'm trying to make it a fool-proof as possible for them, and as easy as possible for me to support them <g>.

Thanks
Adrian

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat May 20, 2017 6:11 pm

At the moment, they have no jquery mobile pages in their project - so, if I was just to email them my 'mobilethemes.dat' file, and they were to put it in the appropriate folder, would that do the job?
Yes, that should be ok

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Excellent - many thanks!
Adrian

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Just curious but why send a template file instead of just sending the .wbs file? :?

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:48 pm

WWBman wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 7:34 pm
Just curious but why send a template file instead of just sending the .wbs file? :?
I'm not an expert, but I _think_ I was told (some time ago) that the template includes the images
- while the wbs file doesn't.....
but, as I say, it was a while back, and I could have that all wrong.... <g>

Somebody will know....

Adrian

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Sun May 21, 2017 2:51 am

Yupp... I always transfer and backup my WWB projects as templates. You get the graphic files included this way.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

adrian5750

Post by adrian5750 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:22 am

Ah, thanks.... I knew there was a reason!
Adrian

Biju

Post by Biju » Sun May 21, 2017 8:17 am

When you save your file; there will be a folder created with same name of your file and all the stuff (images, .css, .js files) will be saved/stored in that folder.
For example: If you save your file with the name 'xyz.wbs' a folder with name 'xyz' will be created with all the stuff that needed for your project file. So copy your file along with that folder to where you want. I use this way..
~ Remain Curious
and Keep Learning ~