Curious about the 64-bit version

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
User avatar
Chris_t
 
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Curious about the 64-bit version

Post by Chris_t » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:55 pm

I would like to use the 64 bit version but I am concerned about the extensions as I have a few installed. Also I'm a bit worried about it because it's a beta. It's a shame that there isn't more interest in it. I can well understand it being on the back burner because of that.

basstuuk
 
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:55 am
Location: Zoetermeer
Contact:

Re: Curious about the 64-bit version

Post by basstuuk » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Als de versie uitkomt koop ik hem gelijk.
Heb div. websites online met extentions dus is de 32 bitsversie voor mij een must.

Groet Bas :shock:

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 19674
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Curious about the 64-bit version

Post by Pablo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 pm

Also I'm a bit worried about it because it's a beta
Well, you will have to start somewhere, right? This is just the beginning of the future...

User avatar
Chris_t
 
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Curious about the 64-bit version

Post by Chris_t » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Pablo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 pm
Also I'm a bit worried about it because it's a beta
Well, you will have to start somewhere, right? This is just the beginning of the future...
That's a good point and I would probably cautiously wade in if it weren't for the extension issue.

User avatar
Bluesman
 
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Ecuador
Contact:

Re: Curious about the 64-bit version

Post by Bluesman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Chris_t wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:46 pm
Pablo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 pm
Also I'm a bit worried about it because it's a beta
Well, you will have to start somewhere, right? This is just the beginning of the future...
That's a good point and I would probably cautiously wade in if it weren't for the extension issue.
Yes that's a critical point... I also use a lot of extensions, but now I decided to start with the sites that I made without extensions an it works good. I was asking earlier if it's hard to port the extensions to 64-bit?? because that's the only way I will migrate all pages to 64-bit....
Is it very timeconsuming to do that?
"Make My Day"

See my Website

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 19674
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: Curious about the 64-bit version

Post by Pablo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Is it very timeconsuming to do that?
Yes, it is a lot of work (> months).
The first step is to get the application stable. The next step is porting the extensions to 64bit.

User avatar
Bluesman
 
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Ecuador
Contact:

Re: Curious about the 64-bit version

Post by Bluesman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Pablo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Is it very timeconsuming to do that?
Yes, it is a lot of work (> months).
The first step is to get the application stable. The next step is porting the extensions to 64bit.
You don't have a 100 men (64-bit) porting team?? :lol:
"Make My Day"

See my Website

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dirkatsma and 22 guests