Text With Images in Photo Gallery

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Reddieng

Text With Images in Photo Gallery

Post by Reddieng »

Hi, can anyone point me, a newbie to WYSIWYG web building, in the right direction.

On the site I am building for a Local History Society we have a require for photo galleries with several text items displayed along with an image , ie Title, Description, Date, location etc.

I had previously achieved this using the Serif Webplus web building program which has a data merge facility. All the data for each image, including its path name being maintained on a spreadsheet.

As we have several hundred images re-keying this data into an Objects properties box such as that in the Unite Gallery extension is really not practical. Other Gallery extension such as the On-line Photo Album where a file of images can be uploaded and maintained independent of the page go somewhere to what I want but don’t have the option for the associated text.

So, is there and extension or an option whereby I can install a Gallery to which I can feed the data for the images from a speadsheet?

Or has anyone alternative suggestions, the functionality required must be similar to holding a product catalogue for an on-line shop.

Derek
Pablo

Re: Text With Images in Photo Gallery

Post by Pablo »

I'm sorry there is no standard option to feed the data for the images from a speadsheet.
This is not a commonly requested feature. This will require custom code.
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi, there are some payed extensions that works... I use the CMS Shopping Cart from "LuchNow Webs"
http://lucknowwebs.com/downloads/webbui ... xtensions/
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Reddieng

Post by Reddieng »

Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone experience of using LucknowWebs "CMS Photo Gallery (with Admin backend) extension " extension?
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Did you look at the "demo" Lucknowweb has good support. As I wrote I use the CMS shoping cart which you can strip down to photogallery if you want.
But if you know that you not will use the advanced functions in this, Go for the "CMS photogallery" I'm sure you will be satisfyed.
:D
"Make My Day"

See my Website
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Hi Bluesman
I am looking at this The simplest shoping cart extension (the one which doesn't need a database) or are you using something else?
1) Can I somehow add to it Credit Card payment? Not everyone has a PayPal account
2) Can add pictures to the items?

I intend using it for an online restaurant order page

Cheers
Alex
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Hi Alex I will leave it to Bluesman to reply on what extension he is using. Regarding the use of PayPal it is a misunderstanding that the end user requires a PayPal account to be able to use and pay with them. When paying you can simply use a credit/debit card with what is known as "guest payment" this works as the seller/recipient will already have an account to receive the money/payment to there PayPal account. Hope this helps you.
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Hello,
I didn't know that.
So, if I go to checkout and don't have a PayPal account, I can opt to pay with a credit card ?
If so, i am now in the process of setting up a membership payment page and am going to use the services of a Payment Gateway provider...
Do it mean, that i could use instead the PayPal object in WWB?
Thanks
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

So, if I go to checkout and don't have a PayPal account, I can opt to pay with a credit card ?
Yes.
If so, i am now in the process of setting up a membership payment page and am going to use the services of a Payment Gateway provider...
With this you will need to check with whatever PGP service you intend to use and will it work with PayPal(accept payment) Probably the easiest way is for you to get the restaurant (client) to setup a PayPal account to receive payment.
Do it mean, that i could use instead the PayPal object in WWB?
Yes using add to cart.
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Fantastic

Thanks again