The Other User cannot open WYSIWYG File

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Madimo11

The Other User cannot open WYSIWYG File

Post by Madimo11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi All

I have a problem actually and it is causing me embarrassment, I have built a website for a client using WYSIWYG Web Builder, however, I am handing it over now and unfortunately despite me installing the tool on the other person's laptop when I emailed the file to her and she downloaded it she was unable to open the file using her WYSIWYG 16, she gets an error message that she cannot access the file. She has WYSIWYG 11.6 and mine is WYSIWYG 11.6.5 I know you would say my version is higher, but when i first sent the first file both our versions were 11.6 But then I downloaded the latest version and it became 11.6.5 using the registration key for 11.6

My Question what is missing here? I need to hand the Project file to the client by the end of this week, so please your input is really appreciated. Many Thanks

BaconFries

Re: The Other User cannot open WYSIWYG File

Post by BaconFries » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Both parties must have the exact same version on there machines. This means that the client must also have WWB 11.6.5 and not 11.6. On another note does your client have a "Licence' of there own? or have you installed your "Licence" on there machine, as you have stated by yourself you installed a "copy of the programme' did this include yours or there "Licence" which isn't allowed under the terms of use!! I am sure Pablo will say the same about versions and only he can confirm "Licence" use.

Madimo11

Post by Madimo11 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 pm

we had the same version, but I was advised once in a post here when I reformatted my pc to install the latest version

https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 84#p390984

I installed the latest version on the same credentials I had before,I believe my version before was 11.6, so I opened my older file that was 11.6 using the new version of 11.6.5 , the issue is when I first sent her 11.6 file she was not able to open it and I believe we had the same version.

The other user has 11.6 now I have 11.6.5 and I sent her a 11.6.5 file and she was not able to open it now as you mentioned probably because of the new version.

Any solutions please??

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:10 pm

The other user has 11.6 now I have 11.6.5 and I sent her a 11.6.5 file and she was not able to open it now as you mentioned probably because of the new version.
Correct! As you have mentioned you have opened your 11.6 in 11.6.5 once you do this then you cannot go and open again in any earlier version of WWB 11. How to fix? the other user must also install the very latest build of WWB 11 from the following [url=http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html Download [/url]

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:38 pm

To open a project file you will always need the same version it was created with or newer.
Each update has new functionality, so older versions do not 'understand' these new features.