Hello! First post...

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Timmy

Hello! First post...

Post by Timmy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello,

I am a refugee from W**pl**! This looks like a great piece of software. After looking through the FAQs and tutorials, I have some questions though. Perhaps there would be some that could offer some solutions.

My old site was very no frills by design, but it was time to upgrade. W**Pl** was very good imho, but is no longer supported. I used a Textbox that autoscrolled for the body of my news curation project. From social media I linked to anchors for each post. It worked pretty well, but it wasn't searchable, which is one of the reasons I've come here.

Right now I have a jfiterable table so now each of my posts are search/fiterable. Works great, but it sits in an inline frame. The Layer solution is not viable for me, because everytime I want to update the content I've got to stretch the layer over the entire thing and as the list gets longer and longer this will be very impractical I believe. Maybe the way a layer's contents are updated could be changed. I usually don't make such grand requests but it seems like perhaps there could be a better way to tell WB to put the content in the layer.

Here is my site: http://www.sim-RACINE.com (it's kinda in 'demo mode' right now)

Also, when using tables on my site, I would like to be able to copy and paste links and for them to retain their formatting.

What do you all think? Any ideas.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Pablo

Re: Hello! First post...

Post by Pablo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:44 pm

If you use Layout grids then the layout will become 'flexible', so if the list gets longer or shorter then the rest of the content will be moved automatically.

Related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=76722

Timmy

Post by Timmy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks for the response. There are some interesting points there. I never thought of using Layout grid for a desktop site, however...

The list is going to get longer, but I would just like several or so to be visible, like you see on my site, to be visible and rest hidden. This worked really well on the previous version of my site. It ran for over a year and loaded very quickly. Suggestions?

Cheers!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Maybe you can use the News Feed Ticker ?

Timmy

Post by Timmy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Yes, like News Ticker, but it would be nice to have more control over its formatting. Is it jfitlerable?

Also, how do you access the editor for News Writer/Pro. Sorry probably a noob question.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 pm

I have not tried it myself, but you may be able to use the filter extension with the News Feed Ticker.

Timmy

Post by Timmy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:44 pm

Thank you Pablo,

You have given me inspiration. I've worked out a solution if anyone is interested. I used the HTML TextBox extension, which is pretty good. However, I had to give the table within the extension an id and point the jfiterable to the table. Seems obvious now, but I'm just getting used to the software.

Didn't need to access News Writer Pro, in the end.

And yes you can filter a News Feed Ticker.

Cheers