Help with web builder 12 Please!

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
skanaba

Help with web builder 12 Please!

Post by skanaba » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:33 am

Hello, I am new to web builder 12 ....am very familiar with Dreamweaver and would like to run some questions by a consultant who has mastered web builder 12. For example, I need to build a site using full screen images but I do not know what size to make the images to fill most commonly used web browsers. 1366x768 and 1920x1080 seem to be most popular. I am assuming that I need to start with 1920 wide images?? Do these scale to fit browsers when setting up the pages at 100% width and height? Next, is it best to create a "Master Page" to include navigation, logo placement, content area, and footer? Thanks! I appreciate anyone's feedback.

Bluesman

Re: Help with web builder 12 Please!

Post by Bluesman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:00 am

Hi, when having full screen images I use to have 1920 pxl wide as the largest. But ofcause if you want to be more effective you can use the "Picture" tool and have a adapted size for each breakpoint.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:09 am

I think you should decide for yourself what works best for you.
The size of the image also depends on the quality of the image and speed of the rest of the website.
If a high quality image is too large then it will slow down the website. But if you only need a background image with low quality then you can make the size larger.

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:12 am

I forgot to mension...when setting the max width, its important the pic/photo is 72dpi resolution :)
"Make My Day"

See my Website

skanaba

Post by skanaba » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:10 pm

Hi again, what about the question on using the master page?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:31 pm

I think you should decide for yourself what works best for you.

skanaba

Post by skanaba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello, I was wondering if there are any full screen image templates that used Web Builder 12? I downloaded one of them (wb11_startpage) however I get the message: "This project was created with a previous version of WYSIWYG Web Builder (1120). If you make modifications to this project, you will no longer be able to open it in older versions because.... Question: If we modify this layout, will we be ok if saved with a new file name?, Basically, I was trying to understand the full screen layout and properties of the page. ALSO, CAN YOU LET US KNOW WHO PROGRAMMED THIS TEMPLATE? WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT THAT PERSON(S) IF POSSIBLE. Thank you.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 am

I get the message: "This project was created with a previous version of WYSIWYG Web Builder (1120). If you make modifications to this project, you will no longer be able to open it in older versions because.... Question: If we modify this layout, will we be ok if saved with a new file name?,
This is just a warning that you no longer open it in older version. You can ignore it if you use the latest version.
ALSO, CAN YOU LET US KNOW WHO PROGRAMMED THIS TEMPLATE? WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT THAT PERSON(S) IF POSSIBLE.
I have created all the templates on the official website.

Note that there is no reason to SHOUT.

skanaba

Post by skanaba » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi Pablo, thank you for your responses. Sorry about the SHOUTING. It was my crude way of asking a second question which often times gets overlooked (not by you...in other emails).
My key questions on the startpage template, which is similar to a project that we are working on:
1. For the wb11_startpage template, we see that the page width is 970 and page height set at 1874. However, when I view the template in a browser, the image fills the screen and our screen resolution is 1366x768. This seems contradictory to me...how does the image fill the screen if the page width is 970?
2. I also see that the the style of the layer which has the background image...is set to size as "cover". Is this why the background image fills a 1366x768 screen?
3. What is the distinction between "layer" and "content place holder"? In other words, when do you use layers, and when do you use content place holders?
Thank you! Steve

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:20 pm

1. The layer is set to floating-full width, that is why it's full width.
In the Html1, the layer height is set to 100%.

Note that in version 12, the same can be done with built-in options.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/fullscreen.html

2. The background modes are explained in the help.
See also:
https://www.w3schools.com/csSref/css3_p ... d-size.asp

3. A content place holder is used for master frames:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_frame.html

skanaba

Post by skanaba » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:58 pm

Thank you! this clears it up. And thank you for a genius product. Steve

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 pm

@skanaba I have split your question regarding the use of the CMS and moved to the correct section at the following url. Using the CMS If you have any new questions not related to your original then it is always best to open a new thread with it so not to cause any confusion.