huge, oversized object margins, padding and object size

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Phidippus

huge, oversized object margins, padding and object size

Post by Phidippus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:40 am

Why are certain text objects - and other objects - showing up in certain breakpoints (not all breakpoints - adaptive) with huge margins, huge padding and thus huge sizes? This is in a previously saved project that was working perfectly. I believe this started happening with the previous update, but I can't be certain. It's not consistent on every page, but maybe on pages I created with that update. The objects are usually invisible although sometimes they flicker in and out. I searched and couldn't find any discussion on this. It was happening with the last version and it's still happening with 12.4. It's not every project or every page, but certain pages. This is within Web Builder. The objects are still visible online but I can't edit the pages until I manually select each problem text object and correct the margin and padding. Also the objects force the page to be huge. Is it just me and my system? Yes... I checked for 3rd party code - but this is the WB display, so html code wouldn't apply... but no. Also... after I've corrected several problem objects on the page, WB crashes.
Thanks as always....

Pablo

Re: huge, oversized object margins, padding and object size

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 am

I doubt that this has anything to do wit the update.
To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Please share your project file.

Phidippus

Post by Phidippus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:15 am

This is a single page - with master footer and header - imported from the full website and it still exhibits the glitch. (glitch is just my word for an error of some kind - it doesn't imply fault :) )
Thanks for looking at this.
-gp

PS: The breakpoints I had not been able to correct yet - keeps crashing - are the 480 and 320. The other breakpoints I was able to repair... in between crashes... :roll: One of the last objects I was trying to fix was my FriendlySpider logo, which appears OK on the default screen size, but is all screwy at 480.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:36 am

Thank for sharing the project.
Can you please tell me the exact objects I need to look at?

Also how can I reproduce the 'crash'?

Phidippus

Post by Phidippus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am

It was pretty much a random crash whenever I'd change an object's margin and padding when they were way too big.
One of the last objects I'm correcting is the fs_logo at the 480 breakpoint. I've crashed everytime I've tried to correct it.
I know I could start from scratch and rebuild the page. But this has shown up on other pages. That's why I'm thinking it was a previous update or of course, some sort of data corruption that occurred with my computer.... I dunno.....

Of course... seeing how no one else is talking about this... then it is surely just isolated to my system. Be nice to know if there was a manner to fix it in the future without having to rebuild the page from scratch.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 am

I can see the large margins. However I would like to know how this has happened. Do you have a copy of your project before they increased?
It loos like at some point the memory was corrupted.
Did you something specific to get this behavior?

Phidippus

Post by Phidippus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 am

Well... the only reason I was thinking an earlier version was because around the time I edited this page, I had installed an update.
Other than that, I can't think of any changes to the website. It's a big site.
I'll load an earlier scene without the glitch - if it exists - and give you the link again here.

Phidippus

Post by Phidippus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:32 am

Link to version - about 3 saves back - that doesn't have the glitch...

Link deleted for privacy...
Last edited by Phidippus on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Phidippus

Post by Phidippus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:38 am

My brain has slowed.... remember it's late here.
I should probably just import that older version and tweak the little bit that needs updating as opposed to fighting the crashes trying to repair the more recent version with its problems... But I have seen this on other projects... I have a bunch of WB sites... :P So... if there is a quick fix for this problem when I see it again - and I'm afraid I will on other projects, then it would be nice. Otherwise, if there are older versions, then I'll import correct pages from an earlier saved project file.... gp

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:07 am

At the moment I do not have a quick way to fix this.
To understand why this has happened I need to know the exact steps to reproduce this behavior.

I can try to add extra safety measures in a future update which will fix invalid values automatically. But of course that will take some time to implement.

Phidippus

Post by Phidippus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 am

I understand. Well fortunately I save often and increment saved versions often. It may be isolated to just a few pages spread out over different projects during a recent time period of editing, and I can import pages from previous saved project versions - that's such a great feature.

I guess a global setting or page wide setting for margins, padding, default image sizes wouldn't work...? Course it may just be me and some bad mojo I've generated... :shock:

Quickly on the subject of features - I know it goes elsewhere - be nice if there was a way to replace a page with another page with the same name and not lose all the menu links to that page. As is now, to name a new page with the same as an old, you must of course delete the old first, but that kills all links so you still have to re-establish the links as if the page had a different name. Make sense...? Time to crash. Thanks....

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 am

Margins and paddings are objects specific, so there is no setting to update these properties globally.
be nice if there was a way to replace a page with another page with the same name and not lose all the menu links to that page.
This feature is planned for the next version.