Access Denied

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
jaykay

Access Denied

Post by jaykay » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Quote "access denied because the application does not have enough permissions, or another application has the file open and locked"

I am unable to save my website which I have never had problems with before, constructed using Web Builder 12, because every time I attempt to do so the above message is received. Can you help?

Pablo

Re: Access Denied

Post by Pablo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Maybe the opened was open by another instance of the application?
Or maybe the location is no longer accessible by the application?

Note that you can always use 'Save As' to save it to another location, and then try to figure out why the file is/was locked.

bmixson

Post by bmixson » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:16 pm

My post from yesterday seems to have disappeared - I'm having the same problem with WB11. It seems t happen after I've edited a large number of pages (40-50). I suddenly can't save the project anymore after after being able to save it earlier in the editing session. I also have 12.4 installed and this seems to have started after installing it, but I don't know if it's related to the problem.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:49 pm

I also have 12.4 installed and this seems to have started after installing it, but I don't know if it's related to the problem.
This is unrelated.

Also I do not think this has anything to do with the size of the project.
The error is generated by the system. 'Something' on your computer is preventing the application from saving the file.
Maybe your firewall or virus scanner locks the project file, because it is scanning the 'unknown' content?
Or maybe the project is on a network drive or USB stick and the connection has been 'lost' during the current session?
Did you try to save the file under a different name?
If that works then this is not a software related issue, because the software does not care where you save the files.