Page not publishing correctly after minor change

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
lummis

Page not publishing correctly after minor change

Post by lummis » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I have a website where the home page is based upon the Blue Monday template and can be seen at http://www.stowaways.org.uk Up to today everything had been working as designed and the only alteration made in the last 24 hours is to add a table object and a text object to the accordion under Results. For some reason which I have been unable to discover, the opening part of the page that includes a heading and a background image is no longer being published.

The wbs file for this page can be downloaded from https://www.mediafire.com/file/tip6v54x ... e_Page.wbs and the difference should be immediately apparent when comparing the design page and the published page.

I have tried removing the accordion object completely but still get the same result so I am at a loss to see what might be the problem.

Brian

EDIT - Have just noticed that there was an update today which I have downloaded and applied to this project and republished. Unfortunately this has not cured the problem.

Bluesman

Re: Page not publishing correctly after minor change

Post by Bluesman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:18 am

Did you publish all files?
"Make My Day"

See my Website

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:09 am

You are using a full screen layer, but the page alignment is not set to 'width/ height 100%'.

lummis

Post by lummis » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:07 am

Thanks for your speedy response Pablo - I have changed the page properties and all is working well again. It was strange that the page rendered correctly prior to making the small changes but I guess that I was lucky that the design didn't break earlier.

Brian

lummis

Post by lummis » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Pablo

I think that I have tracked down the cause of this error as it has repeated itself after the last two or three updates to my website.

I have a User Defined Variable in my website which I edit once a month in Site Properties and then confirm that I want to update the page properties of all pages in the website. If I then go to Page Properties I find that the Page alignment has been changed from "set page width and height to 100%" to "do not centre this page".

As I was carrying out other updates at the same time it has taken me a little while to find the problem

If you are not able to repeat this, I will send you my project.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Note that if you use 'Site Properties' then this will update all page properties, not just the one you have edited.
So, make sure the use the menu: Page -> Site Properties -> User defined variables
instead of
Page -> Site Properties -> Site Properties

lummis

Post by lummis » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Thanks Pablo - I had missed the drop-down on the toolbar. I will try to make the changes properly next time :oops: