HTML notepad format front page question.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hobbyist

HTML notepad format front page question.

Post by Hobbyist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 pm

I published the website to my desktop. Based on the tutorial I am watching the "<head>" is the main page (front page). Which is the main page (front page) in the WYSISWYG created folder? (and where do you find it in the folder?)

pajadt

Re: HTML notepad format front page question.

Post by pajadt » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 pm

<head>
part not have own folder that is only HTML code so anything you type in the document header will not appear in your browser window, but usually only serves to provide some information about your page.

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_head.asp

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 am

I'm sorry, but it is unclear what you are trying to do.
Can you please be more specific?

Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm sorry, but it is unclear what you are trying to do.
Can you please be more specific?
I am trying to modify my website through regular HTML coding without WYSIWYG program. I am studying CSS and Java and how they work on youtube. So my goal is to use your program and html css java to build the website.

So I am trying to access the frontpage from the WYSIWYG published file folder and see if I can make small changes using html css java. Would that be the index?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Yes, you can use the likes of NotePad++. Please note that WYSIWYG Web Builder is not HTML Editor but a HTML Generator this means that the HTML/CSS doesnt excist till published.
If you do make changes externally then open the page again in the software and save you will lose the changes made externally (this is not a bug). On another note we do not offer help on any code that you manually add, it is understood if you wish to use, then you also understand how to fix/insert correctly so that it doesn't break the code generated by the software.
With all this said you can use the following HTML Object along with the File Publisher and Page HTML.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:45 am

After you have published the pages in a folder of your choice, you can view and edit the HTML files.