Questions before getting WB14

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
etcbbu

Questions before getting WB14

Post by etcbbu » Mon May 07, 2018 4:34 pm

I'm super-excited about using WB14, but also wanted to ask a few things before downloading and installing it:

- In case a project does not open/load/work right after I download and install WB14, should I fully be able to still open the project in WB12 if I leave WB12 installed on my harddrive?

- Is there anything wrong with just always keeping an old version of WB installed? I seem to still have WB11, even right now, the whole time I've been using WB12.

- I have no idea about whether I've saved my projects in 32-bit or 64-bit, all up to now, and have no idea if I need to have been changing and saving something as 64-bit. And I have no idea whether I should be using 32-bit or 64-bit on my primary computer. I don't believe I ever used the second link, on the WYSIWYG Web Builder download page of the main website http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/download.html that said something about "now available in 64-bit". I don't think I ever downloaded or installed that. But again, I am not sure. I really want to make sure all of my projects will be in-place ok if I upgrade to WB14.

- I'm noticing that here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80378
You're saying that

Code: Select all

Added a new (easier) way to implement master pages. In addition to Master Frame you can now also use another page as background template. This does not require a content place holder.
Basically, the master page will be used as 'background' of the content page and you place all other objects on top of this. If the master page includes a footer then it will automatically be moved based on the content.
And so my question is, on almost all of my current WB12 projects, I used "Master Objects", fill them with various objects, and then place them onto Layers on real-pages of the website.
Is this just completely gone in WB14? so that means, when I install WB14 on my computer, and open a .WBS project-file where I used to have these "Master Objects" that served as sort of the content-blocks that held all of my child-object elements which I would then call on a real-page and set them as a child Master-Object onto Layers that I has been using as headers, and footers, and then also "stacked"-Layers where I would place content and set them to "Floating"--those are all going to be gone, now..? Again, just trying to understand so that I am prepared whenever I upgrade to WB14.
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

BaconFries

Re: Questions before getting WB14

Post by BaconFries » Mon May 07, 2018 4:45 pm

- In case a project does not open/load/work right after I download and install WB14, should I fully be able to still open the project in WB12 if I leave WB12 installed on my harddrive?
No, like all previous versions if you were to open lets say a WB12 project in WB14 and save you will not be able to reopen in WB12.
- Is there anything wrong with just always keeping an old version of WB installed? I seem to still have WB11, even right now, the whole time I've been using WB12.
No you can keep WB12 running along side WB14 as they are both separate programs in there own right.
- I have no idea about whether I've saved my projects in 32-bit or 64-bit, all up to now, and have no idea if I need to have been changing and saving something as 64-bit.
If you have never downloaded and installed the 64bit version then it is safe to say you are using the 32bit still.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon May 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Yes, as long as you do not save it with WB14
But as always, I recommend to make a backup of your documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder folder before doing the upgrade.
No, that should not be a problem. I have all versions still on my computer;)
I have no idea whether I should be using 32-bit or 64-bit on my primary computer
Then I think you have the 32 bit version.
Is this just completely gone in WB14?
No, all 'old' features still exist in WB14, this is just an extra option. It will not affect your existing projects.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Mon May 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Ok, that all makes sense. I tend to make back-ups of previous .WBS file-projects, so if something just goes really really wrong, I guess I'm covered as long as I just keep-around the WB12. I'm super-glad y'all configure it such that it is a separate application in this way. That's a big deal that may not be talked about or mentioned by us, as users, but that is a huge deal, that y'all do that. And I thank you.

Now, what about the thing about the Master Object/Master Pages thing? I think, maybe, I just need to know if the "Master Object" object is GONE out of the new WB14 project, and I am going to have to have some late nights re-engineering projects to re-do how I do the "Master" stuff across my current .WBS projects..?
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Patr100

Post by Patr100 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Version 14? what happened to 13?
Is Pablo superstitious and bypassed it?

ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:17 pm

etcbbu wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:58 pm
Now, what about the thing about the Master Object/Master Pages thing? I think, maybe, I just need to know if the "Master Object" object is GONE out of the new WB14 project, and I am going to have to have some late nights re-engineering projects to re-do how I do the "Master" stuff across my current .WBS projects..?
Unless I am mistaken, ‘Master Objects’ has not gone from WB14 - it's simply been renamed to ‘Embedded Page’. I have loaded WB12 projects with 'Master Objects' and everything still worked fine without me needing to change anything.