WB changing project image links 'behind the scenes'

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ChalkyW64

WB changing project image links 'behind the scenes'

Post by ChalkyW64 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:20 pm

When developing a website, I like to keep all the images in a folder called "Dev" so that I can find anything whenever I want to update it. To add a picture to a page, I therefore store it in "Dev", and link the image object to the appropriate file. This way if I later want to change the image, all I have to do is overwrite the one in "Dev" and the job is done.

What I did not realise is that when publishing a page WB creates a folder with the same name as the project file (minus the ".wbs"), copies all the required images from "Dev" into it, and updates all the image links in the project to point to the folder it just created. Unfortunately it does this silently - and when I recently renamed a project file and deleted the folder WB had created for it (I like to be tidy!) I was completely unaware of what had gone on 'behind the scenes'. The result was that every single image link in my project was broken the next time I opened it and I was forced to spend a considerable amount of time re-linking everything to the "Dev" folder - only for every one of them to be changed again by WB the next time I published the site...

If I specify an image link location via a properties dialog, I expected it to remain as I set it rather than be updated without my knowledge - can this behaviour be switched off?

Pablo

Re: WB changing project image links 'behind the scenes'

Post by Pablo » Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 pm

You can disable this feature in Tools->Options->File & Folders -> Let WYSIWYG Web Builder manage images...

ChalkyW64

Post by ChalkyW64 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks Pablo - I'd seen that setting, but hadn't realised it would result in WB updating all the links within the project. I don't remember turning that setting on so maybe it was on by default?

Not to worry - it's off now. I'm just glad the behaviour was configurable - and equally glad you included an Asset Manager!

Martina

Post by Martina » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:10 am

I have a similar problem. Few years ago I created a simple web page used to share photo albums with our family. There is just a list of the albums on the index page with key words linked to the relevant album pages and it has been working nicely on my old PC. About a month ago I moved my WWB10 to a new PC and when I updated the page adding a new linked album to the list all the links on the page were rewritten to just one link. Disabling the asset management function did not help. I just downloaded the WWB 10 exe file and activated it with my old licence when moving it to the new PC. Thank you in advance for your help

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:22 am

I do not think this has anything to do with the original topic.
If I understand correct, this is related to text links?
This may be related to the fact that WWB10 is not compatible with Windows 10.

See also:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... =1&t=73558

Martina

Post by Martina » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:40 am

sorry, my technical skills in English are rather limited ;) Thank you for redirecting me to look for the guidance elsewhere, it is all fixed now!! :D