3 new WB14 techniques I'd like to see sample .WBS to learn

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
etcbbu

3 new WB14 techniques I'd like to see sample .WBS to learn

Post by etcbbu » Fri May 11, 2018 12:52 am

Hello,

There are three "new" techniques in WB14 that I'd really like to see if I can see how they work in a .WBS test-file that, perhaps, Pablo (or whoever) has created, so that I can see the back-end of how these things work:

1) Flex Grid - I sort of see how you explain it here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80378 ; but wanted to see if I can see a .WBS file that shows a back-end to some sort of test-page you may have up, with how it ends up working. Because, I mean, I had gotten really comfortable using "Layers" that stretch to the width of pages, and then simply placing child objects onto different Layers, and then Hiding/Un-Hiding them, as one switches around multiple breakpoints. But I'm trying to decide whether to keep designing that way I had been doing, or try this new "Flex Grid" stuff.

2) The fade-in effect for text, as one scrolls down a page - I think this is about what you are talking about, here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80378 when you say, "Animations and Transitions", or maybe here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80378&start=15 where you say, "Background"; but I wasn't sure. Like for instance, on this website: http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/ , where you scroll down and see the "Upgrade Discount" text, how it kinda appears/fades-in from the bottom as one scrolls down. Do you have a .WBS sample-file where I can see the back-end of how to accomplish/design this, and then a live test-page where it shows how it plays out from that same .WBS file?

3) The new Master Pages method, as opposed to just "Master Objects" (which are now called "Embedded Pages", I understand--also, kinda cool how we went back to the whole "Master Page term, I think that's what it was originally called a long time ago, too). Again, I *think* I get the concept, but, again, I'd like to see a back-end .WBS file that has the new "Master Page" object, and how it plays out, how to configure it, etc.

Also, has anyone had any experience in testing whether or not that new "Use Safari mobile background fix" option, meant to help with the rendering of stretched parallax background images on Safari/Mobile Safari/Apple browsers, like about which I ask here, viewtopic.php?f=59&t=79686&start=30 , *is* seeming to help with that?
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Re: 3 new WB14 techniques I'd like to see sample .WBS to learn

Post by Pablo » Fri May 11, 2018 5:53 am

1. The basics of Flex grid are explained here:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/flexgrid_part1.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/flexgrid_part2.html

At the bottom of the page there are several examples.
Also some of the new templates use flexgrid: http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates8.html

2. These are called 'scroll transitions'
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/scroll_transitions.html

3. See this related tutorial, with examples:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/master_page.html

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Sun May 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Pablo, thank you; I am researching now.

And let me ask this, as a part of this research:

Should and can the idea of "Flex Grid" and the idea of "Master Page" be used in the same project? Or do they mutually exclude one another?

Or could you, say, create two MasterPages that are a Header and a Footer, and then call them into, say, the top-most cell in a Flex Grid layout (for the Header Master Page) and the bottom-most cell in a Flex Grid Layout (for the Footer Master Page)? Or, am I still thinking too much in terms of, "Master Objects"--or as they are called now, "Embedded Pages"?
www.ktravisj.com

Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 pm

I have not used master pages and flex grid on the same page myself, so I am not sure if that will work.
Flex Grid is rather new so I'm sure there is still a lot left to improve.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Sun May 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Ok.

And what about attempting to utilize Layers that are Floating, with "Style" set to an image, such that, it sort of "finds the edge of the page" with whatever image yo set as the Background/ I've been designing many projects like that, lately. Is there some sort of advantage to using Flex Grid *instead* of using the Layers and Image-Backgrounds in that way..? Like, can you just define the cell-backgrounds of each cell on the Grid, in Flex-Grid, and that's sort of a "Replacement" or a new way to going about accomplishing that way I had just been using "Layers", set to find the width of a page and then use an "Image" as the background of it..?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun May 13, 2018 8:14 pm

You can set the background mode to 'cover' to fill the full width of the layer. You do not need flex gird for that.
There are many templates which demonstrate this functionality.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates8.html

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Sun May 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Yeah, I have been using "Cover" and "Parallax" for many projects, these days, so I am good on designing with those Layers like that.

My main question is just, now that "Flex Grid" is out, should I be switching the way I execute projects where I want to use this design technique with these "Cover" or "Parallax" Layers? Like, for instance, say I wanted to use a Flex Grid, and maybe it's just one column all the way down, even on the Default/Desktop-view Breakpoint. Would I be better utilizing a single-column Flex Grid, and just set certain cells, as that column goes down, to have a Background that functions like "Cover" or "Parallax"? Or should I just continue use Layers with images defined as the Background, and then set to "Cover" or "Parallax", and continue to build pages that way?

Like, is there some big efficiency or other advantage to be gained by using Flex Grid to do thos type of design instead of just doing "Cover" or "Parallax" Layers all the way down the page? Like, are Layers now becoming more outdated or on their way to being considered extinct or anything..?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun May 13, 2018 9:15 pm

The use of Flexgrid has nothing to with background images or cover/parallax.
Flex Grid is for creating layouts. The background properties are the same as for other layout methods.

I recommend to read these related tutorials:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/flexgrid_part1.html
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/flexgrid_part2.html

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Mon May 14, 2018 1:20 am

So, it wouldn't much be practical to "put a Flex Grid on top of a Layer", per sé, though, right..? Like, would you then be at a place where you've got Flex Grids serving as Child-Objects of Layers that, as I'm saying, would be sort of the configured ones that would be the "Contain" or "Cover" or "Parallax" Layers, and you'd set the Flex Grid object(s) as a Child of such Layers..? Or, no..? Flex Grids can't fit onto Layers that way?

Again, this is just my sort of training myself to know various techniques, so that I can make sure I am equipped for the future, too; or just knowing various ways to accomplish things.
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 am

So, it wouldn't much be practical to "put a Flex Grid on top of a Layer", per sé, though, right..?
No, that would not be correct.
Either use layers or flex grid.
Flex Grids can't fit onto Layers that way?
No, that is not how you should use flex grid.

onlye

Post by onlye » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Pablo wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:39 am
So, it wouldn't much be practical to "put a Flex Grid on top of a Layer", per sé, though, right..?
No, that would not be correct.
Either use layers or flex grid.
Flex Grids can't fit onto Layers that way?
No, that is not how you should use flex grid.
New WBB user. Have read most of the online tutorials. Since I am starting new - Should I be designing with Flex Grid or Layers?

Thanks

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:29 pm

@onlye only you can decide what's good for you, please see the following to help you.
Which layout mode should I choose?

onlye

Post by onlye » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:48 pm

BaconFries wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:29 pm
@onlye only you can decide what's good for you, please see the following to help you.
Which layout mode should I choose?
Thanks. I read that page and the links on that page. My question, as a new WWB user, is - should I focus my learning and development on Flex Grid vs Layers. Will development include a mix of the two or a choice of one or the other? They both appear to address creating the grid of containers where content will be placed.

Not concerned with the absolute page layout, only responsive.

thanks

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 am

I think it's the easiest to start with layout grids.