REDIRECT PAGE

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
jamesa1

REDIRECT PAGE

Post by jamesa1 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:08 am

Have several pages that I need to redirect in a good SEO way to their new page on same site. Looking at the page properties and see you can do this under the redirect to a page in this project. That looks simple but not sure about the next few lines under SEO about Robots. If this is to be the new page for the content . What setting would you use for ROBOTS and Revisit after or expire. All this is found under the Miscellaneous section, Page Properties

Pablo

Re: REDIRECT PAGE

Post by Pablo » Tue May 15, 2018 10:57 am

These options are explained in the help.
Although I am not sure if they have any effect if you add a redirect to the page.

jamesa1

Post by jamesa1 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks for the quick response. Read the help section and seems clear. Is this style of redirect through the misc section of page properties considered a 301 redirect. If I understand correctly it would not be necessary to keep the redirect in place after a few visits by google bots. Or should it be left in place and not use the expire after box

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue May 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Is this style of redirect through the misc section of page properties considered a 301 redirect.
No, a 301 redirect requires you to create .htaccess-file on the server.
Or should it be left in place and not use the expire after box
I think you should keep it around until your new pages have a higher ranking than the old ones.

Note that I am not a SEO expert, so I cannot give you much advise about this.