Tabs´s width is not limited by the page width.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Robotics

Tabs´s width is not limited by the page width.

Post by Robotics » Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi.

I have a Website with a lot of tabs (showing RSS news from several newspapers), made with an outdated program, and I am trying to clone it from 0 with WebBuilder 14. The new page has a width of 1100, but then I added the jQuery tabs, and the problem is that as I add new tabs, when it reaches the limit of the page, that tab and the following ones don´t create a second line under the first line, but they keep in the same first line, oversizing the width of the page, and it has reached 7300 with.

I have reduced the width of the jQuery Tabs width, but then it changes again, and a diamond next to the value, becomes black.

Can an expert help me? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Robotics on Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Re: Tabs (jQuery), with is 7300 although I change it to 1000.

Post by Pablo » Wed May 16, 2018 12:45 pm

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Could you please share the project file (or an example project) to demonstrate what you have done?

Robotics

Post by Robotics » Thu May 17, 2018 10:20 am

(I forgot to mention that the preview doesn´t show all the tabs of my uploaded web (I don´t know if this is a known issue or it is related with the problem of this post).

My web is extremely easy, son you can try to replicate it and upload the project or show me how you did, and maybe it will be faster.

If you prefer that I show you my project, OK; but I don´t see a way in the forum to upload a file, so I think that I have to upload to a free server like Mega (which server do you prefer?), but first please confirm (I don´t want to be banned for linking to any other web, or a web banned from this site).

Meanwhile, I show you my web (in Spanish, but it doesn´t matter, you can see the structure):

My web with another program, that I try to clone is: https://www.elmejorinformativo.com/por- ... /index.php

My cloned web in WebBuilder 12 moved to my paid copy of Webbuilder 14 is this: https://www.elmejorinformativo.com/WebB ... tivos.html

(don´t mind the other fails, it´s a work in progress)

Apart from that, I´ve just seen that if I set the tabs to show each one a RSS reader fron other webs (with the RSS Reader unofficial extension), they only show the first RSS, so when I click the other tabs, they don´t show the RSS they should. So, at the bottom I have addea another line of Tabs , with RSS, but in Javascript.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu May 17, 2018 11:09 am

I'm sorry, there is no way to wrap the tabs to the next line, like in your example.
The tab widget was not designed to have this much tabs.
Also I think it may be confusing for the user. If I were you then I would reconsider the layout.
For example, by using standard links or one of the many navigation elements and control the context of one inline frame via links.

ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 am

Hi Pablo,

Just a quick side question, is there a way to make Tabs (jQuery) in full width? It would be very useful for mobile version website.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu May 17, 2018 11:51 am

You can make a tab full width by placing it inside a layout grid.

Example:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... eveal.html

Robotics

Re: Tabs´s width is not limited by the page width.

Post by Robotics » Thu May 17, 2018 2:47 pm

What a pity. Thanks for the fast response. For the following versions, I suggest to limit the tabs line to the page width, and if this line reaches it, to move the reacher (and the following) to a second line.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu May 17, 2018 2:57 pm

The tab widget is a third party script library, I cannot make it work different than it does.

ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Pablo wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:51 am
You can make a tab full width by placing it inside a layout grid.

Example:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/suppor ... eveal.html
Thanks Pablo. Lot's of work to do since it's now in floating mode when placed inside a layout grid :shock:

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 am

Maybe the following will be of interest Tabs Paging look at example 4. Note that this is using custom coding but you may be able to use/implement into WWB yourself.