Popup windows

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
cmartins

Popup windows

Post by cmartins » Wed May 16, 2018 6:41 pm

Friend Pablo, sorry, but some links from my site that opened pop-up windows are not working now that I've upgraded to WWB14! I do not know what to do, because the WWB12 version does not open any old projects anymore and I can not publish the correct site anymore!

Pablo

Re: Popup windows

Post by Pablo » Wed May 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Can you please give more details about what you have done?
Which 'popup windows' are you referring to?
What are your settings?
Did you publish all files?

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Wed May 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Thank you for your attention, friend Pablo. As you can see on my website http://www.carlosmartins.com.br/testevocacional.htm (*) there is a link on this page that opens the Vocational Test in a pop-up window. However, when I publish the same page in WWB14 this link does not work (I did not publish ALL the files on my site, just the vocational test page).

(*) Note: The page that is now published is a page made in WWB12.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 pm

To be able to help you I need to see the problem.
Can you please publish the page that has the problem? For example, with a different name so I can see what is wrong.

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Wed May 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Friend Pablo, ready, as you requested I published the same page http://www.carlosmartins.com.br/testevocacional.htm after saving on WWB14. As you can see the link does not work anymore!

I just published the testvocational.htm page. I did not publish the whole site (all pages). What to do?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 pm

You have inserted code incorrectly, this is most likely why it is broken. Please remove the code you have inserted in the <body <!-- Piwik --> including the script.....> and insert correctly between <body>!-- here --></body> If you have added any other code manually then please remove.
You have also added code at the end of page!...please remove this also. If you have to add code manually please ensure that you yourself understand how to use and where to insert correctly.
Looking again...you have also added inserted two <title> </title> please remove all manually code you have added to the page to resolve.

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 pm

Dear BaconFries, I do not know how that script <! - Piwik -> came into my page. I deleted it but the page link still does not work!

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed May 16, 2018 11:50 pm

I have also viewed other pages and these also have code inserted manually (which could cause issues) such as two instances of <title></title> and <meta> tags.... Note these wouldn't get added by the software.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 pm

You must have added this manually as the software doesnt add code like this!!. If you didn't then maybe you have allowed a colleague to do so... As I also mentioned there is also other issues with code not generated by the software on other pages that can only have been manually added.

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Thu May 17, 2018 12:03 am

Dear BaconFries, only I change my website (if it was not included by WWB it really is confusing). Anyway, the site was running on WWB12 and is now not working. What to do? Back to WWB12 version?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu May 17, 2018 12:22 am

I am sorry but WWB wouldn't have added this! I have used the software since WWB4 and never has it added any rouge/code/meta tags like what is in your source. Have you also removed the HTML code from the end of the page that has been manually added ? if not then please remove and try again. If this code was being added(which it isnt) by WWB then others would have the same issues and posting like you.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 am

The file 'wwb14.min.js' is not on the server, that is why the popup does not work.
Please make sure that you publish all files.

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Thu May 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Friend Pablo, once again your presence and help is excellent. Thanks for everything and congratulations for the new version of WWB!

=========

Dear BaconFries, I was really confused about the "Piwik" script that you observed on my page (I can not remember this inclusion), although I understood that this script (and others) would not be responsible for PopUp's failure, as it was masterfully resolved by friend Pablo (above).

Regarding the other codes you pointed out on my pages, I remember that my site is old and I imported all the pages using WWB, so some Meta Tags still continue. In time I'll analyze. Thanks for your help. This Pablo (WWB) Forum is full of good smart friends!

cmartins

Post by cmartins » Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Friend Pablo, I would like to search all the pages of my site in order to find a certain word inside the HTML CODE (example: "Piwik"). I searched WWB14 but did not find this option. I've seen solution to find words in the text of the pages, but not inside the HTML code.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Sorry, you cannot search in the HTML code.
However, the most likely palace where you have inserted it is in Page HTML or Site HTML