White space after text.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT NOTE!!

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION OR PROBLEM AND WANT QUICK HELP?
THEN PLEASE SHARE A "DEMO" PROJECT.

PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Angler

White space after text.

Post by Angler »

Hi,

I have been trying to sort out white space after text boxes. Ive read on the forum; if you have one large textblock it can be better to split it up in several smaller textblocks. I've tried this and upon preview I've had to re-split the smaller boxes a couple of times as well.
I have 700 pages I am trying to sort but it is slow and tedious splitting text like this.

I know Tables are not responsive but what if . . .

I insert the whole of the text inside a table on the default size page, hide this table from other breakpoints, then do the same with smaller (new)tables in other breakpoints.

Would this be a simpler method than splitting text into lots of smaller text-boxes or would there be a problem?

I have tried this and it previews ok. (not sure if it would online)

Thanks
Pablo

Re: White space after text.

Post by Pablo »

When using lots of text then it's better to use layout grids because then the rest of the layout will automatically adapt if the text is rendered smaller or larger in the browser.

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34318
Angler

Post by Angler »

Hi Pablo,
I've read the topic you linked to thanks. I've tried layout grids but to use them I am more limited in replicating my webpages as I have them at present.
Thank you anyway
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you also try the other tips?
Like enabling 'use line-height'?
Angler

Post by Angler »

Hi,
Has the problem with excess white space below text been addressed in the new WWB ? (I have WWB14)

I have built pages using many text boxes to reduce the white space below sentences / paragraphs but this is tediously slow. (very) and I have hundreds of pages to do.

https://www.fish-uk.com/species_wels_catfish.htm

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Note that this is not an issue of WWB. So, there is nothing to fix.
However, WWB has many options to optimize text for different browsers.

Please see this related FAQ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum/ ... 10&t=34318
Angler

Post by Angler »

Hi Pablo,
My original web pages are all built with Frontpage. I have no problem viewing them in any browser and no extra space is shown below text no matter how much I have written. I'm curious as to why this is the case in WWB. Are you saying that for this page . . . https://www.fish-uk.com/species_bleak_a ... burnas.htm , I will have to insert around 30 text boxes with a couple of lines of text in each to get round the white space gaps showing between texts?
Thanks
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Hi Angler... Can you share a link to the page done with WWB, so we can see the problem. Because the once that you linked to earlier looks correct.
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

My original web pages are all built with Frontpage. I have no problem viewing them in any browser and no extra space is shown below text no matter how much I have written.
That is because FrontPage uses floating layout, so it does not matter how the text is render by the browser.
In WWB, you have used fixed/absolute layout, so in that case the text layout may be affected by the way the browser renders the text.
If you also use floating layout in WWB then you will not have this problem.
Angler

Post by Angler »

Bluesman wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:07 pm Hi Angler... Can you share a link to the page done with WWB, so we can see the problem. Because the once that you linked to earlier looks correct.
Hi Bluesman.
I'm glad the pages I have linked to look correct, In these I have used lots of seperate text boxes to minify the white space problem caused if too much text is used in each. I am looking for a way where I can insert more (or all) text in one box without ending up with this white space.
Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

If you use floating layout (just like you did in Frontpage) then you will not have this problem.
Angler

Post by Angler »

Pablo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:18 pm If you use floating layout (just like you did in Frontpage) then you will not have this problem.
Hi Pablo, thank you for the information. I don't know how to do this (floating layout), is there a topic section on how to use floating layout in WWB ?

Thanks
Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Angler wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:21 pm
Pablo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:18 pm If you use floating layout (just like you did in Frontpage) then you will not have this problem.
Hi Pablo, thank you for the information. I don't know how to do this (floating layout), is there a topic section on how to use floating layout in WWB ?

Thanks
I'm not Pablo... but here's a tutorial:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/floating_layers.html
"Make My Day"

See my Website
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

You can implement flexible (floating) layouts with layout grids, flexbox container or flex grids.

Related tutorial:
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html

Note that almost all recent templates use this method:
https://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/templates9.html
Angler

Post by Angler »

Hi Bluesman and Pablo,
Thanks for the links.
I'll have a look and see whats what.
Angler

Post by Angler »

Hi,
I've had a look at the links and thought I'd try your advice using one of the templates.
I've downloaded the template 'Lavender' from the page link you provided and unpacked it into the folder 'C:\Users\MyName\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\templates'.
The unpacked files are lavender.wtp and license_agreement text file. When I try ' To create a new page from a template select File->New Web Site From Template. nothing is showing
Any idea why not?
Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Did you follow these instructions?
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/using_templates.html

What do you see?
Angler

Post by Angler »

Hi Pablo,
yes I followed instructions on the page. I saw two old templates WWB Template 01 and 02.

I have tried download / install with a few others - some have worked others have not!
I've noticed the ones that have installed -
When I Look in C:\Users\MyAccount\Documents\WYSIWYG Web Builder\system\templates

installed templates have the .wtp file and an image file of same name
the others that don't install just have the .wtp file with no image !

Thanks
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Maybe the folder is read-only so the software cannot create a preview image of the template?
Angler

Post by Angler »

Hi,
The template files with or without an image was just an observation.
I mentioned that I couldn't install Lavender template and some others yet I had no problem with two or three others i.e. no problem with both ' basic-template5.wtp' and 'fakenews.wtp' both of which have images.
Could the problem with some of the templates on the linked page be due to the fact that I have not upgraded from 14 to 15 ?
Thanks
BaconFries

Post by BaconFries »

Could the problem with some of the templates on the linked page be due to the fact that I have not upgraded from 14 to 15 ?
Correct, the lavender template is for WB15
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Correct, all 2019-2020 templates can only be loaded in WB15, because they use features that are not available in WB14.
Angler

Post by Angler »

Thanks BaconFries, Pablo
Back to the drawing board then