Contacts in Desktop Publish and Preview Mode

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Hobbyist

Contacts in Desktop Publish and Preview Mode

Post by Hobbyist » Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm

I have been testing contact templates from the Form Wizard. The "contact1" loads my desktop email and will send a message. The "comments" did not send a comment to the designated email address. I am using the "send to email address(not recommended)"

I am working on a professional looking website so it needs to operate like other websites. So I need the Website to send the message directly without loading an external email. (right now it will load my Outlook email linked to my Windows10 in Preview Mode or Desktop Publish for "contact1"). I need it to send the message directly without loading my Desktop Email. The way regular Websites operate. So the contact or comment is sent without having to load your email. I think that is a PHP configuration but I am not positive. Is it possible to test Form Wizard Templates forwarding in Preview or from the Desktop Publish from the different templates? Do you have to have it uploaded to a webhost to test it properly? Can you configure Form Wizard Templates to execute the same way from a Desktop Publish or from Preview as an uploaded to a webhost file?

Another question unrelated to the topic. Can you create a server for forms (sign up etc) on your desktop pc (for testing)? I think there are directions but I cannot find them in faq or help.

Hobbyist

Re: Contacts in Desktop Publish and Preview Mode

Post by Hobbyist » Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 pm

So in other words can you run a website from your desktop in exactly the same way as uploaded to a webhost? Can you test all the features of WYSISWYG from a desktop pc?

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Thu May 17, 2018 8:06 pm

The forms used in WYSIWYG Web Builder use PHP so they require a server that supports PHP to run and process the PHP so you are unable to preview locally. You can install the likes of XAMPP ( do a Google search for info) your home PC for the purpose of running and testing PHP. Unfortunately there is no support for this via the forum as it is understood if you install and use the likes of XAMPP you yourself know how to use.

Hobbyist

Post by Hobbyist » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Thanks that answers all my questions. Ill check out XAMPP.