How to disable animation on Carousel

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ruel.lago22

How to disable animation on Carousel

Post by ruel.lago22 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:07 am

Good day Pablo,

I am trying to make an order form that's inside a carousel with 3 steps. It's on Full width: Flexible. Because it's the only option there that could disable the animation and refrain the slides from moving to another slide by swiping (website is designed for mobile). But I am having difficulties in designing because of the objects in floating.

Like this: http://prntscr.com/jljrc2

I'm ok with the Carousel on Full width: full-width where-in objects don't float. The only disadvantage is the slides are moving when being swiped. Is there a way I can disable this? I tried using grids and all but it's not working for me. It looks like this when in floating: http://prntscr.com/jljtj0

It will be so much appreciated if you can share anything that could help me on this. Thank you!

Pablo

Re: How to disable animation on Carousel

Post by Pablo » Wed May 23, 2018 11:29 am

If you set the 'pause time' to zero then the Carousel will not move to the next slide automatically.
The animation can be disabled by setting the duration to 0

Related tutorial:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/carouselwizard.html

ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Thank you for your prompt response Pablo. Yes, the carousel is not moving automatically, but the problem is when you are using a mobile phone. Users accidentally swipe the carousel while scrolling the website and it moves to the next slide. Which in my case an order form. So basically it can be moved to the next slides by just swiping and it reveals the "Next" slide. I have no problem with the "Default" view (which is the desktop mode). It's just when using a mobile phone.

Can you please help me with this? This was my problem since WW12 and I didn't use the carousel for my order form, because of this. But when we move to WW14 I saw the Full width: flexible and it disabled the sliding, but it gives me pain when designing it on floating mode.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 23, 2018 12:04 pm

I'm sorry, you cannot disable swiping.
But maybe you can use the new 'Wizard' object instead?

ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:11 pm

I'll give it a try. Thank you! God bless!

ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:48 pm

"Wizard" is like a "Dialog object", It's not the solution :( I don't know what to do about this anymore :( I am searching for a code online to disable this Carousel Sliding while drag-scrolling vertically on a touch devices but I can't integrate or I don't know the technical know how :( I really like the carousel though but... If you can share anything Pablo it would be soooo much appreciated :D

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 23, 2018 12:58 pm

I'm sorry, I do not have code to disable the swipe functionality.
This requires a modification in the code of the Carousel and that may take a few weeks before that can be ready.

ruel.lago22

Post by ruel.lago22 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 pm

I understand Pablo. I'll just use the old way again, which is page by page form. But, if you can add this feature to disable the swipe functionality on the next updates, it would be so useful for mobile optimized websites. Specially for those WWB users who are using carousel for creating step by step forms and don't want to expose the whole form without answering them accordingly by the steps.