Path to userdb.php

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
deejayw

Path to userdb.php

Post by deejayw » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:27 am

Having successfully followed the guide for creation of a userdb in the examples, I was confident that I could re-create my web site in a sub-folder of htdocs (my providors default root for web related files).
All was going well until I came to to consider the new path to the flat file database/s. Using the standard dialogue, I can create a database where I want it, but when I come to edit/download it, I am greeted with 'The database was not found on the server". This despite all manner of path selections in the 'Database File' property.
I don't know what the problem is. Any clues ?
Thanks in advance.

Pablo

Re: Path to userdb.php

Post by Pablo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:47 am

The database is normally in the same folder as the scripts that are using it.

deejayw

Post by deejayw » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:15 pm

Thanks but it is !
My projects pages (html or php) are in htdocs/RTA.
My userdb.php is also in htdocs/RTA which is the path I chose when creating the database.
However, when opening the admin dialogue properties and choosing Edit Database followed by Download, I get the message mentioned above.
The Database File property has no effect on the issue. It is currently set to ./htdocs/RTA/userdb.php but I've tried other permutations like ./RTA/userdb.php and ./userdb.php
The userdb.php file can be seen on the server in htdocs/RTA/ and it has 757 permissions.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:45 pm

- the path should not include a sub folder
- the remote folder of the publish location must be set to the folder where the database is