can I edit html

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
queenidog

can I edit html

Post by queenidog » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:30 pm

I imported a number of HTML pages, not created with web builder. Part of the original file has a check for browser types, creating an error when I do a preview or a "pseudo" publish (publish to hard drive). I want to delete this check. Can I do this from web builder? I can view the html, but I can't see where I can edit it.

I tried to edit with Ex***s***n Web and gotrid of the line in question, but that was to the original file only...I could not find the web builder version with html or htm extension. I saved the file in Ex***ss***s, re-imported after publishing and thought I was okay because now the file was a web builder version. However, I couldn't save the project (wbs) because it said my file (the one I editted) was locked. I had to use task manager to kill the web builder process.

Importing the original HTML file saved me a whole lot of time by not having to redo the page from scratch. I have many, many more pages to convert to web builder.

BaconFries

Re: can I edit html

Post by BaconFries » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 pm

First please note that WYSIWYG Web Builder is not a HTML Editor but a HTML Generator, what this simply means no HTML exist till it is published. So no it is not possible to edit the HTML within the program you would need to save externally then open in HTML editor and make the changes before publishing.

Note the software will not reconise this change as it does not effect the wbs file but only the HTML edited saved and opening the wbs file again will still show the original code before being edited.

queenidog

Re: can I edit html

Post by queenidog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Okay, thanks. I was thinking along those lines but wanted to make sure, especially after all the upgrades Web Builder went through. I thought perhaps an HTML editor could have been available.

I know what I have to do.