CMS or Software With Training?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
ColinM

CMS or Software With Training?

Post by ColinM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi All,
I'd be very interested in constructive input on this...
I have a Client of some 5.5 years standing that has now decided they want to "update their own website". When asked to clarify what this means :
1) Add / Change videos and pictures
2) Add/Change text content.
3) Remove / add pages and therefore adjust navigation
So basically full website content access.
The website is responsive with 9 pages (including the Master and success/fail subordinates to the Contact_Us page and 7 break points.

Here's the question/s - would you set it up as a CMS or train them in basic WB increment the training as they needed so as not to hit them all at once. Hopefully they will release website designers exist for a reason. :D
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
Please think before you post, be polite, don't hijack threads and above all please respect Pablo's huge effort!
My Website

BaconFries

Re: CMS or Software With Training?

Post by BaconFries » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Here's the question/s - would you set it up as a CMS or train them in basic WB increment the training as they needed so as not to hit them all at once. Hopefully they will release website designers exist for a reason
Hmm, either way Colin, but I think you will always be called upon if it breaks...not saying you wont pass on/teach how to use but....were do you start or more important to coin a phrase let go of the apron strings once you hand over...

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Hey BC - Cheers buddy - indeed. I will need to make a number of items clear to the Client - any time "fixing" or training is chargeable at an agreed rate and that time includes phone calls and emails - not just site visits. Either way, they are up for a steep learning curve.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
Please think before you post, be polite, don't hijack threads and above all please respect Pablo's huge effort!
My Website

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 pm

This was my thoughts entirely. As you mentioned point out this to the client that charges may or will encur for your time at a aggreed rate and maybe just maybe they will have second thoughts.

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:28 pm

I have great respect for the people concerned - they are very intelligent, but a lot of people don't realize it's not just about the website - image optimisation, seo, etc. Then they've got to have the time.
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
My Website

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 pm

I totally agree Colin if they are running a busy business will they have the time to sit down make changes to this page or that page etc or just leave it in the capable hands that has been doing it for the last 5.5 yrs..Right going to try get some zzzzz if I can...

ColinM

Post by ColinM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Cheers BC - sleep well my friend 8)
Yours truly
Colin M
Western Australia
FORUM MODERATOR
My Website