**SOLVED** manually adding Css

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Tommaso

**SOLVED** manually adding Css

Post by Tommaso » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi,
I tried to change the graphic of my menu (wich is in the Master page, so, to achieve what i wanted, i changed the Master.css file) and it worked! I achieved what i wanted BUT, when i opened another page, the changes was lost and so i discovered that every page have theyr css, EVEN FOR THE MENU (and this is so strange because they take the menu from the master page!)

is it normal/intended or I'm doing something wrong?

i would like be to change the menu from the master page css and then other pages will have the same changes!
Last edited by Tommaso on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Re: manually adding Css

Post by Pablo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:34 pm

HTML does not know the concept of 'master page' . This feature only exists during design time.
So, in the generated HTML all content is duplicated for all pages.
i would like be to change the menu from the master page css and then other pages will have the same changes!
If you change the menu properties on the master page then this will affect all pages that use the menu.
Of course you will need to republish all the page that use the master page (because they have changed).

Tommaso

Post by Tommaso » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks!

Tommaso

Post by Tommaso » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:16 am

Pablo wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:34 pm
HTML does not know the concept of 'master page' . This feature only exists during design time.
So, in the generated HTML all content is duplicated for all pages.
If you change the menu properties on the master page then this will affect all pages that use the menu.
Of course you will need to republish all the page that use the master page (because they have changed).

I'm missing something or i just dont understand what you sayng...
Lets say i have 3 pages: master, A and B
if A and B get the same menu from master page, is it possible to do some changes MANUALLY (not trought WB, but by changing the master.css file) ?
because i tried it but its not working, its like if when i upload A and B they get the menu from WB and not from the already uploaded master.css!

I mean, i could change every CSS manually... but it would take soooooo long since my site have an high number of pages! and whenever i will make, in the future, any changes to the site, after the re-upload i will lose the manuals changes!

Hope you can understand what i'm saying... i know my english is not the best one!

Tommaso

Post by Tommaso » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:36 am

this https://imgur.com/sAx25xm is the boostrap menu i get from WB (wich cannot be edited since there are no option for line height, borders etc BUT i must use this because is the only one that's work well with my website structure)

this https://imgur.com/FX2MAka is the edited one! pretty simple to achieve, its take 5 minutes with master.css file ...

but i cant achieve this to be the sae on every page! i mean, i could, but as i already said, i would have to write manually the .css for EVERY page and it would take too much and it would be lost on next web-site upload

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:42 am

if A and B get the same menu from master page, is it possible to do some changes MANUALLY (not trought WB, but by changing the master.css file) ?
If the CSS code is part of the master page then the updated code will also be applied to all pages that use the master page (after publishing)

Please note that I cannot assist you with custom code. This is outside the scope of this forum because it generally also takes a lot of time for me too.

Tommaso

Post by Tommaso » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 am

Okey Pablo, i got it! never mind, i'll find another way!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:58 am

If you want to change the behavior of the menu then you can override the style in the (master) page itself. Add the code to the Page HTML.
There is usually no need to edit the code after publishing.