Can website data created by WB 11 be transfered to WB 14?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
CalmSeas

Can website data created by WB 11 be transfered to WB 14?

Post by CalmSeas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:07 pm

I am seriously considering purchasing WB 14. I have Version WB 11 curently; and have made my current live website with that version.

Question: If I purchase WB 14, will I be able to transfer (copy) the entire website data created with WB 11 TO WB 14?

DJ

BaconFries

Re: Can website data created by WB 11 be transfered to WB 14?

Post by BaconFries » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Question: If I purchase WB 14, will I be able to transfer (copy) the entire website data created with WB 11 TO WB 14
Yes, If you still have a copy of the WB11 project .wbs file along with all images used it just a matter of reopening it in WB14. Backup and Restore

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:32 pm

You can open the project created with previous version via the 'File' menu.

gofrank

Post by gofrank » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm

When you open the WB11 project in WB14, you'll get an alert that the site was created with an older version of Web Builder.

I've learned (the hard way) it's best to save the old project under a new name (ideally in a new folder). This will preserve the WB11 version so you can still open it in WB11, if needed. If you overwrite the WB11 version with WB14, it will not be possible to return to WB11, should the need ever arise.
Billing clients for your freelance work? Try Minute-2-Minute, the project management, timing, and billing system. Perfect for web developers who charge by the hour. FREE 45-day trial.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Thank you all for your reply!

The reasons WHY I am thinking about purchasing WB 14 is for more than one reason:
(1) New and Additional features
(2) Hopefully the current problem I am having with WB 11 (getting the Form Box I created to send MULTIPLE data - multiple choice items in Form Box) - will not continue to be such a frustrating problem. Please refer to this post: Cannot send Multiple Items from Form Box
(3) And, WB 11 is "no longer supported"

I put the Form Box Name in brackets ( [ ] ) as instructed but still cannot get the Form Box to send multiple items.
And when I put the Name in brackets, the problem even got worse because now I cannot even send ONE item from the Form Box.
Very frustrating.

DJ

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:44 pm

The problem is unrelated to WB11 or WB14.
If the brackets do not work then there must be another conflict somewhere
The brackets naming convention a standard HTML/PHP feature .

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm

I think if there was any issue's with how forms work they would have been long fixed before the release of WB12/WB14. Most if not all issue's are user related and how they set the form. Looking at your source you are using two forms on one page this is not possible as you can only use one.

The suggestion to use brackets refers to square [ ] this is mentioned in the help. To try and resolve remove one form or combine both and only use square [ ] brackets.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 am

BaconFries wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm
I think if there was any issue's with how forms work they would have been long fixed before the release of WB12/WB14. Most if not all issue's are user related and how they set the form. Looking at your source you are using two forms on one page this is not possible as you can only use one.

The suggestion to use brackets refers to square [ ] this is mentioned in the help. To try and resolve remove one form or combine both and only use square [ ] brackets.
I thought about that too, e.g., two forms on the same page.

UPDATE:
Just got through re-doing the website page which has the Multiple Selection Items Box.
Re-Published website. Haven't had time to check it out yet - got to take a break.
Will come back here and update IF I am successful in getting the Multiple Items Selection Box to work properly.

DJ

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 am

gofrank wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm
When you open the WB11 project in WB14, you'll get an alert that the site was created with an older version of Web Builder.

I've learned (the hard way) it's best to save the old project under a new name (ideally in a new folder). This will preserve the WB11 version so you can still open it in WB11, if needed. If you overwrite the WB11 version with WB14, it will not be possible to return to WB11, should the need ever arise.
Thanks for the tip!

DJ

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 am

One question:

With regard to the Form with choice of selecting multiple items (as explained in above posts), does it make a difference in the proper operation of the Form if the Form Box is positioned directly onto a blank Web Page verses being positioned on a "layer" that has been added/loaded to that web page prior to the uploading of the Form Box onto that "layer" of the same page?

I did that because I wanted the Form Box, and associated data boxes/link, to have an enhanced/more noticeable appearance.

I also applied this same procedure with another Form Box (on a different Page within my same website), and it works properly.
HOWEVER, that Form Box does NOT have multiple choice selections - just select one of the several item choices available.

DJ

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:51 am

A form should not be on a layer.
If you need layer functionality in a form then you can make the layer a form by checking 'Enable form'.

CdnMaple

Post by CdnMaple » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:07 pm

gofrank wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Thank you gofrank for this information. I recently upgraded to WB14, but haven't started any changes to the site pages. BUT in taking your suggestion to save the older version (WB12) to another folder .... I noticed that I have 3 older versions open in C://Program Files ... versions 9,10 and 12. My question is ... should I be keeping the versions 9 & 10 files 'just in case".

Thanks
Maureen

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:44 am

You do not need to keep the older versions if you no longer use them.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:18 am

Pablo wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:51 am
A form should not be on a layer.
If you need layer functionality in a form then you can make the layer a form by checking 'Enable form'.
Hello,

Following your suggestion that "a form should not be on a layer", I completely re-made, re-published the Page of my Website which consists of a Multiple Item Form.

In addition, I deleted ALL text data and any Image data that I had on the page which was on the OUTSIDE of the Form Area.
I also deleted any "text" that I had added INSIDE the box which was NOT a part of the boxes, text, etc., which is available by using the Form Wizzard;
and I should add that I created this Form by using the Form Wizard.

I went back through EVERY possible "setting" which I could see or click on regarding the Form, making sure everything was set up.
And yes, I used the brackets [ ] for the FORM NAME in the area where it says "form name".

Result: Everything works (functions properly) on / within the Form EXCEPT for the ability to send Multiple Items selected in the Multiple Form Box ("combo box").

I ALSO asked my Hosting provider to check as to whether or not there was a "server side problem" regarding this issue.
Their response was that there is NO problem on the server side.

I seriously do not know what else I can do.
IF SOMEONE READING THIS has a website set up which uses a Multiple Selection Box (Combo Box) with the option to send MORE THAN ONE ITEM from that box, please let me know if there is ANYTHING that I can do to solve this problem.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:38 am

What is the URL of the page or where can I download your project file?
What is the generated PHP code?
Please always include this information otherwise it will be very difficult to help you.