Can website data created by WB 11 be transfered to WB 14?

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
BaconFries

Re: Can website data created by WB 11 be transfered to WB 14?

Post by BaconFries » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:09 am

Pablo please see email I have just sent regarding this. Note I have sent from my Phone using my Gmail and not regular email used to sign up or purchase so it not spam.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:37 am

Pablo wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:38 am
What is the URL of the page or where can I download your project file?
What is the generated PHP code?
Please always include this information otherwise it will be very difficult to help you.
My Reply:
The Page URL is: https://welcome.gallery51forum.com/Memb ... k_Up_2.php
php code: I logged into my cPanel and located the php file regarding this Page URL.
It is 10 pages long (saved to a Microsoft word file) so I compressed it into a zipped file.
How can I attach it here with this reply, as I don't see an option for "attachments"?
Or let me know how/where you prefer I get this php file info to you.

Thanks,
DJ

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm

I think it's best if you simplify your form and focus on the main problem.
So, temove all non-relevant content from the page and bring the form back to the form to the basics. Then when you have this working you can re-add all the other stuff.
This will also make it easier to help you, so I do not have to go through thousands of lines of code to figure out what you have done.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:57 am

Pablo wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm
I think it's best if you simplify your form and focus on the main problem.
So, temove all non-relevant content from the page and bring the form back to the form to the basics. Then when you have this working you can re-add all the other stuff.
This will also make it easier to help you, so I do not have to go through thousands of lines of code to figure out what you have done.
UPDATE!
I think I know what the problem is. Here are the procedures I have taken in setting up the Form Box for my website:

Opened WB Software >Clicked on my current project >Brought up the page of website which has the Multiple Items Form Box >Moused over Form Field and clicked >Form Field Box displays >Clicked on "Advanced" >Advanced Form Processor Properties Box displays > In this box are the headings: CSV,
MySQL, File Upload, Auto Responder, Mail Engine, Misc. >Clicked on "CSV" >File Name >Create > I went through the "create" steps >My result: I created a "Filename" >I set Separator as: COMA (,) >Clicked OK >Published website >logged onto website >went to page of website which has the Multiple Item selection Form Box >clicked on a few selected items >Clicked on "send" >then checked my email box which is set up for this Form >ONLY one item shows that it was sent to email box (the LAST item clicked on) >and here is what I think is the problem: in the field which shows that ONE Item sent, it is preceded by a Colon (:), NOT a Coma (,) which I had set up.

Problem: If this is the problem, e.g., Colon verses Coma, then it would need to be changed - publishing and republishing the website does NOT change the setting to what I want, i.e., Coma (,)

So how and where do I make this change manually in the php files?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:53 am

I'm sorry, but I doubt that this is related to the problem. The CSV option does not affect the data in the email.

Please share the (simplified) project, so I can see the other settings of the project.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Pablo wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:53 am
I'm sorry, but I doubt that this is related to the problem. The CSV option does not affect the data in the email.

Please share the (simplified) project, so I can see the other settings of the project.
I noticed one thing which MAY be causing the problem - [I have not shown the whole email transmission because I am trying to be brief as possible.]:

Profile Selection Choices : Under 5' 6"
This is an email transmission from the page which has the Multiple Form Box. NOTICE the colon (:)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a colon presents sent data to be as SINGULAR - meaning sent data would be the LAST chosen item in the Form Box.
If it were a comma (,) that would present sent data as more than one (thus multiple choice) - as the Form Box is set up for. Correct?

I also have a "Contact Us" page which I have created with a Form Box which is supposed to have just have the ability to select a SINGLE item.
That works properly.

However, when I change the Form Box to "Multiple Choice Items", that Form Box behaves in the SAME manner as the page
which has the Multiple Choice Form Box, e.g. sends data as the LAST selected item in the Form Box.
It also has the Colon (:) - in both examples.

I will try soon to set up (on a separate page of my website) a simplified Form Box; and then try to copy the php code of that page.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 pm

If it were a comma (,) that would present sent data as more than one (thus multiple choice) - as the Form Box is set up for. Correct?
The CSV separator option does not affect the format of the multi-selection. They are unrelated.
Multi select is a standard HTML/PHP feature. CSV is a WWB specific feature.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Pablo wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 pm
The CSV separator option does not affect the format of the multi-selection. They are unrelated.
Multi select is a standard HTML/PHP feature. CSV is a WWB specific feature.
Thanks for your explanation given in your last post.
Okay, I set up a new page on my website called "Test".

I went through the SAME procedure setting up the Form as with previous developed page with the Form Box, however using FEWER inclusions.
In the "set up", this time I did NOT set up anything in the "Advanced" section, nor did I select "success" and "Error" Pages.
I created a NEW Email page in my cPanel Email with my hosting provider for the purpose of sending data from the NEW Form Page.

I made a copy of the php Files - (just those php files which pertain to the TEST page).
Where can I send them to you? It is saved to a Microsoft Word Doc., but it can be Emailed (sent) to you in PDF or type currently saved as.

Here is the URL to the NEW Website Page (TEST): https://welcome.gallery51forum.com/Test.php

ALSO, in selecting and sending data from the NEW Form Box, I get the SAME results as before: e.g., single item selected -transmits correctly.
Sent with MULTIPLE ITEMS SELECTED - displays in Email as ONLY the LAST item selected.

DJ

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:27 pm

There seems to be a misunderstanding. The name of the form is incorrect. It should not include brackets!
The brackets need to be added to the name of the (multi-select) combobox.
Also not that generally names do not include spaces. This may confuse the server.

Note that this has nothing to do with WWB. This is standard HTML/PHP functionality. I did not make this up, this is just how it works.

CalmSeas

Post by CalmSeas » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Pablo wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:27 pm
There seems to be a misunderstanding. The name of the form is incorrect. It should not include brackets!
The brackets need to be added to the name of the (multi-select) combobox.
Also not that generally names do not include spaces. This may confuse the server.

Note that this has nothing to do with WWB. This is standard HTML/PHP functionality. I did not make this up, this is just how it works.
Regarding what you have said:
"The name of the form is incorrect. It should not include brackets!
The brackets need to be added to the name of the (multi-select) combobox."

I changed the settings (on both the Test Page and the original page with the Form Box) to reflect your statement above.
That resulted in NO transmission of data from the Form Combo Box - of either Page.

I also changed "names" which had spaces - making them one word.
That did not help.

When I changed back to using brackets ( [] ) for the FORM NAME (instead of the COMBO BOX) data did transmit (was emailed to email address
assigned) - however, ONLY as a SINGLE ENTRY/SELECTION for both pages when there was only ONE selection made by me, and when there was more
than one selection made by me.

So I deleted the Test Page, and republished the website.
It is now working as it did BEFORE I began this Thread and Posts.

Obviously something is not functioning correctly - and that is the ONLY conclusion that makes sense.
Maybe the cause is in the Version of WB I have; maybe there is still some setting that is incorrectly being made by me (every time); OR even
perhaps there is something wrong on the Server Side - even though the Hosting Server Tech guys say there is nothing wrong on their end.

Either way, I feel I have wasted enough of your time and mine.

DJ

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:19 am

- using brackets in the form name is not correct. If the form stops working after removing the bracket then something else it wrong.
- a multi-select combobox must have brackets. If the form stops working after adding brackets to the combobox then something else it wrong.