How about giving Pablo (and mods) a rest!!

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
WWBman

How about giving Pablo (and mods) a rest!!

Post by WWBman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:05 am

I use many forums but this one is exceptional in its support.

I realise that the internet is 24/7 and WWB users live in all parts of the world, therefore time differences.
But do you think the forum should be read-only on Sundays so that Pablo and mods can chill/relax?
I personally think that Saturdays should also be read-only but I suppose Saturdays could be for urgent/important threads/posts.

Obviously this is a choice that Pablo and mods decide for themselves but it was just a thought.

BaconFries

Re: How about giving Pablo (and mods) a rest!!

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:44 am

Thanks WWBman appreciate you thinking like this. I asked/suggested this a couple of years back, that on Christmas Day allow Pablo to have it with his family, but I got a reply from one forum member (who I wont mention) that it was wrong to suggest this. Now like you, I understand user live in different parts and time zones, but a little respect is nice, just to consider what day it was whether or not you are religious or what faith you follow there are others who may celebrate it and that was the point of asking to show respect to others. Again thanks appreciate it.

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:51 pm

I support the though, but as it comes to myself, like right now it's morning over here in Ecuador and I'm doing my morning procedure :D checking the posts in this fantastic forum. And if I can help or contribute I will. I respect if Pablo and the mods take a free day or two :D but there are many other members in the forum that like to help, so the forum is alive anyway.
Thanks Pablo, mods and team for the great support. I also agree that this is the best forum on internet for supporting a software. I have been to some others historically, and are into some for other softwares, but no one can stand up to this. For me the forum has a bit of a social effect to, so please let it be like it is, it's up to all members making it working to.
Last edited by Bluesman on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:10 pm

I would disagree with making the forums read only. IIRC, I think this was tried out by Pablo himself some time ago.

My reasons for disagreeing with this proposal are nothing to do with a lack of respect for Pablo or anybody else.

First. Nobody is forcing anybody to sit at their computer any time they do not want to.

Second. The secret of leadership is to delegate. All Pablo has to do is have enough trusted mods, preferably in different time zones, to take the weight off his shoulders so he can take a breather.

Third. Many issues are solved by the very knowledgable and friendly members of this forum. So again, Pablo can stand down from support duties, as well as his moderating duties.

Fourth. I am sure we can all remember when a little, or even a BIG problem on our computers or with our programs became all-encompassing. It is very helpful and calming to get an answer to an issue or problem.

So Pablo can get a rest without read-onlying the forum. Simples!
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

It is unnecessary posts like the following Search Selection In Font Awesome is not working that is getting talked about! Sending email reporting issues when it could have been done tomorrow...it's not as if it is so important of a issue that it couldn't wait...I'd say it can wait it not as if oh if I don't report it I won't sleep or....As already mentioned I am not religious but this comes to mind 'On the seventh day Pablo had finished his work or so he thought of answering questions, so he rested from all his work or at least tried to.

Pffff this member even has his own pvt section of the forum due to all his questions lol...

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi BaconFries,

When I try to follow the link in your last post I get the attached. When the forum was put on read-only some time ago, why was that reversed?

Is there any other way I can view the post in question?

Hope you had a good weekend,

Cheers

DrT
Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

kibble

Post by kibble » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:44 am

As a new user of WWB I fully appreciate the support provided on this forum by Pablo, mods and other users.
I understand the suggestion, but as has been stated WWB is used worldwide. Maybe (bear in mind I am new here) Pablo has set expectations high as to response times, maybe the expectations of users needs to be lowered for the future as the user base grows, maybe Pablo only commits to a response in a defined time (48hrs?), this would not prevent Mods or other users from passing on their experience whenever they wished.

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:10 pm

I do not think that giving a definable time for when a response from Pablo should be expected. All that tends to happen is that he will get complaints about being late. I am sure Pablo has a life outside of WYSIWYG WB, and that can get in the way as life often does. he would then be under pressure to explain why the delay happened and he may not be comfortable giving personal details. Once expectations have been raised, it is almost impossible to lower them IME.

Pablo has always been very quick to give help so targets would not help. There are many members of this forum that kindly give up their time to be helpful to those of us who need help. Pablo could easily take a step back when needed and let the forum membership take the strain.

People at the top of a company do not need to be given a rest, they need to take them.

Cheers

DrT

kibble

Post by kibble » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Dr T
Fair points.

hobo

Post by hobo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:03 am

Personally I feel we should let Pablo tell us how he feels
about all our suggestions. Rather then having us guessing.

We all know he and his team is doing outstanding work.

Pablo, lets hear it from you!! ....and Team members as well.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DrTeeth

Post by DrTeeth » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:39 am

As a mature adult, I am sure Pablo knows how to take any time off he needs. The only thing he needs to decide is if while he is off-duty, he needs somebody to step in.

Don't forget, the "read only" idea was tried once before. As this topic has arisen I can only assume that it was a failure.

Cheers

DrT

jerryco

Post by jerryco » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:28 am

So of coarse everyone feeling for it could give Pablo a tip I noticed: https://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/donate.html
// Love is the acceptance of nothing / So, you're here. Now dance.

RiaanN

Post by RiaanN » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:38 pm

My two cents on the subject.

It all comes down to the size of the company, and here I must admit I have NO idea who is responsible for the creation of the software other than Pablo.

If it is a team effort there may be an argument that someone from the team, or another knowledgeable person must be available at all times. But if it is only developed by one person (Pablo) then it would be unreasonable to expect him to be available to all the time. That said, it would then also be a total disaster if something happens to Pablo.

WWBman

Post by WWBman » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:50 pm

RiaanN wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:38 pm
... That said, it would then also be a total disaster if something happens to Pablo.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=78065