Events problem

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
hambo

Events problem

Post by hambo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:06 am

I've run into a strange problem with events.

Until a day or 2 ago all was working fine, now on some pages, when I try to make an image visible and then invisible with a mouse over and mouse out of another layer, it doesn't work.

The event will work if the image is visible at first (but that defeats the purpose of the effect I'm needing.
The layer in question is at the front. If I replicate the same thing on an empty page it works fine.

There are 6 tooltips and 6 rollover images on the page on the page, and a css menu.

However, even if I delete these items, the image reveal event still wont work, unless visible at first, then it will hide and show. NBut it wont show and hide, which is the way round I need.

Any ideas on what might be going wrong here please?

Pablo

Re: Events problem

Post by Pablo » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:31 am

To be able to help you, I need to see what you have done.
Please share the project file.

Before sharing the project remove all non-relevant content from he project.

See also:
https://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/forum ... 10&t=82134

hambo

Post by hambo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. I've uploaded 3 versions ( 1 has a slightly simpler menu, but the same problem. 2 is a slightly fancier graphic based menu which I would rather use, but same issue. 3 has a similar issue with show)

1 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rg3jud182o8y ... e.zip?dl=0

2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/15yigg4cycwrz ... 2.zip?dl=0

3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rnspgubs6cjy ... 3.zip?dl=0

1: trigger layer is marked with text in the 1920 view.

2: trigger layer is the weird machine in the bottom right corner.

3: trigger layers are the 7 white blank layers from left to right, to be triggering blue text art layers on the right of the screen.
These will mostly trigger with show with effect, but the furthest right one somehow wont, with show or show with effect)

In each I have duplicated the page and saved one version with the problem image shown and one with it initially hidden.
I have got around this on another version of the site by using show with effect/ hide with effect. But if I use more than a couple of these on the same page it goes a bit haywire with things not hiding or flashing on and off in a loop.

The idea for the site in general is to have a lot of fun with point and click/mouseovers revealing hidden images, so this is a bit of a stumbling block....

Thanks again for you help.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm sorry, but I am confused about what I need to do to see the problem.
Where do I start?
What is the exact problem?
What did you expect to happen?

Also please read 'When using events, the visibility is affected by breakpoints' in the FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63817

hambo

Post by hambo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:55 pm

No I'm sorry, on reading back I made it look more complicated than it is!

(also thanks for the link, but I don't think it's to do with breakpoints, I removed all the breakpoints to simplify the site to send to you)

I'm trying to reveal a hidden item by mouseover of the image in the bottom right corner, but the show/hide event wont trigger unless the hidden image is initially visible.... it needs to be initially hidden.

>Ok, so just looking at the 'layer issue 2' project

>Go to page 'map_triggers_if_already_visible' 1920 view
the page will have a map with handwriting on it showing (this is the hidden map I am trying to reveal/hide with the event)
and preview page

>In the previewed page, hover cursor over the machine-like image in the bottom right corner of the screen. If you mouse over it and out of it, it will hide this handdrawn map, letting a different (not handdrawn) map image show, then show again the handdrawn map.

>Now if you go back to the project and go to 'hidden_map_wont_trigger'

you will see the map without the handwriting. this is how the page is meant to initially look. Its the same page, the only difference being the hidden map with the handwriting is set to not be visible.

>preview this page 1920 view

>> here is the problem>>>> In this previewed page, hover cursor over the machine-like image in the bottom right corner of the screen. If you mouse over it and out of it, the hidden map image with the handwriting image does not show.

I'm surely missing something obvious here!

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:45 pm

I have downloaded 'layer issue 2'.
However, this project was not correctly setup.

The default view should be the widest view. There should not be breakpoints larger than the default view, that does not make any sense.
Also, when using breakpoints 'Include visibility' should not be enabled, otherwise it will affect the behavior of events (JavaScript conflicts with CSS visibility).
And layers should not be nested in other layers or grids.

Tip:
Try not to do too much at the same time. Focus on one thing otherwise even I will not understand what you have done.
So, if something does not work then go back to the basics and first try to make that work.

hambo

Post by hambo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:16 pm

Ah great, thanks! I'll take your advice and tip and rework it.

Where can I find 'Include visibility' please?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Please see the previous mentioned FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63817