Layers? or Layout grid

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
bubblegumweb

Layers? or Layout grid

Post by bubblegumweb » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi all,

I'd love to get back into the web design business again but slightly undecided if I should continue to use the layers system for web designing or the Layout grid system.

I feel that working with layers for web design gives me much more control of the content and how it's positioned within the layers, but can involve a lot more work when adding breakpoints into the webpage. Using the Layout Grid system can save a lot of time when adding these breakpoints for a webpage but I just feel the results are not as good as using layers.

I guess when it comes to webdesign each designer will have their own preference to which way they design, Layers, or Layout grid.

I've started on a web page design and have done 2 different examples. The first sample is using the Layout Grid and the second sample is using the Layers method.

Would love tohear your comments nad feedback on this.

http://365pixel.co.uk/photography/

http://365pixel.co.uk/photography2/

Regards

Gary

Pablo

Re: Layers? or Layout grid

Post by Pablo » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:28 pm

Maybe this related tutorial will be helpful?
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/layout_modes.html

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 pm

Thanks for the info Pablo

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 am

I mainly use layout grids/flexbox for everything I can. However, if there is a situation where you feel you need a bit more control, just use a floating layer. This allows you to control things inside but still allows for a floating layout. Only the content in the floating layer will have to be re-positioned in BP's which will speed up design.

bburgess

Post by bburgess » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:32 am

Hey bubblegumweb,

I use a mix of Floating Layers and Layout Grids.

Once more browsers support the newer layouts I will move towards them.

I like your landing page image, but it is taking ages in internet terms to load here in Australia.

You may want to optimise it some.

Cheers
Brett
KISS is the key!

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:46 am

will look into that, thanks for informing me

Regards

bubblegumweb

Post by bubblegumweb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi all,

I have taken onboard the time loading the main image issue and hopefully corrected it on both sample webpages. The main image loading time should now be greatly improved without losing any quality of the image.

Regards

Gary

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 pm

I am loving Floating Layers, honestly, even if it's somehow "a little more work across Breakpoints".

The only thing with which I am mentally contending, now, is how to continually use Layers, but get my child-content on the Layers to be able to be outside of the Default 970-pixel-width sort of "window" that goes all the way down a page, that you tend to notice a little more on wider monitors, and get a little closer to edges.
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com