Customize v14 toolbox by adding Flash, et al,

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
GeorgeRH

Customize v14 toolbox by adding Flash, et al,

Post by GeorgeRH » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am

I just upgraded my v11 to v14. With confidence learned from previous upgrades, I set about to update an existing website. The update included adding a another page with a Flash video. However, there was no "Flash" in the Toolbox. In fact, the Media section only had four items whereas v11 had 10-12 items. In the "Help", there is not "Toolbox" in "Customize" and there is no "Customize" in "Toolbox". I did find Flash in "Insert" but I couldn't drag/drop it into the page.

How can I customize the Media section in Toolbox to add Flash and the other media that were in the v11 Media? I don't need step-by-step, just a direction to Help where to find how to do it will be fine.

There is a "HTML5 Video" in Toolbox" but I'm not familiar with it and I don't want to learn by trial-and-error. I want Flash, plus I want to know how to customize Toolbox anyhow.

(Ummm, I know a thread is supposed to be for just one topic, but I just tried to insert a JPG and all I got was a small format of what looked like it represented a path/filename. A few words about how to that would also be appreciated.)

Pablo

Re: Customize v14 toolbox by adding Flash, et al,

Post by Pablo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

Most browsers and devices no longer support Flash, so that is why it not in the Toolbox by default.
Using Flash is not recommended.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57749

You can customize the toolbox via Right click -> Customize toolbox. This does not work differently than in previous versions.

GeorgeRH

Post by GeorgeRH » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 pm

First, your link was worthless. It was just a long-version re-iteration of what you said.

I've been doing some research about HTML5, in particular about what file types it supports. I'm getting mixed signals because some experts give their version of what types are supported and some say the spec is not file-type specific.

So, what file types does HTML5 v14 support? The leading candidates I gathered are MP4 and OGV, with M4V (which is MP4 with H.264 compression) coming in too - maybe.

BaconFries

Post by BaconFries » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:23 pm

First please do not be rude or you may not get a answer!!
So, what file types does HTML5 v14 support?
It has nothing to do with what HTML 5 file the program supports it is what file is supported by the browser!!! The HTML 5 object supports MP4 so you can use that. You will also need to ensure the the correct audio is encoded with the video note this has nothing to do with WB but how the browser renders the audio and video.
If you had read the following HTML5 Video you may have saw the formats that can be used and which are supported by the browser and not what is supported by the program.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:17 pm

First, your link was worthless.
I'm sorry, I really had the best intentions to help you :(
So, what file types does HTML5 v14 support? The leading candidates I gathered are MP4 and OGV, with M4V (which is MP4 with H.264 compression) coming in too - maybe.
This is unrelated to the application. Videos are played by the browser, not by WWB.
You can use any format that is supported by browsers.
Suit as mentioned in the FAQ, MP4 is currently supported by all modern browsers.

GeorgeRH

Post by GeorgeRH » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 pm

You're right. So with all due respect, IN MY opinion, my question in this WB thread is not about the plethora of browsers in use and the file types they accommodate. It could be two or two-hundred types and it wouldn't make any difference if v14 Toolbox>Media>HTML5 only supports, say, two file types; and it's immaterial if v14 supports everything from the circa 1984 H.120 videos to every stable video format available today. I understand that any given browser will play a file type that it accommodates, and if the browser is sent a file that it can't accommodate - it won't play it.

IN MY opinion, the question (raised in this thread) is what file types does v14 support in Toolbox>Media>HTML5. When I'm ready to get a video file for an HTML5 video-test website I'm working on, the following types are displayed in the "Files of type" field: *.avi, *.mov, *.mp4, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.ogv, and *.webm. That suggests v14 supports those seven file types - regardless of what the HTML5 spec says. All I want is an authoritative statement about what the v14 supported file types are. I couldn't find anything about that on the WB website, nor in the Internet searches.

And, regarding "getting an answer", my HTML5 video-test website is intended to answer that question on the "receiving end" of the design-to-website process. I just want to get an authoritative list of the types so I know what to start with and to compare my results with. Meanwhile, I'm going to test those seven types and if they all work then I'll have my answer to my satisfaction. In WB-v11 I used the "FlashPlayerPlayer1" for all of my videos, but I appreciate the need to stay current and that HTML5 is the standard now, and that I need to become familiar with its capacity and its limits.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 pm

It could be two or two-hundred types and it wouldn't make any difference if v14 Toolbox>Media>HTML5 only supports, say, two file types;
Again, this is not a matter whether WWB supports the format. The video will be published "AS IS". It is up to the browser to decode and play it.
the question (raised in this thread) is what file types does v14 support in Toolbox>Media>HTML5.
The HTML5 objects support ALL files. The software does not care which format you use.
When I'm ready to get a video file for an HTML5 video-test website I'm working on, the following types are displayed in the "Files of type" field: *.avi, *.mov, *.mp4, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.ogv, and *.webm. That suggests v14 supports those seven file types - regardless of what the HTML5 spec says.
This assumption is incorrect. These are just the common formats. I think, it would be more confusing to display file types that are unrelated... that is why I choose only to display common formats, but nothing keeps you from choosing any other file type.
WWB can handle any file format, even the ones that have not been invented yet...
For WWB it is just a file. It does not do anything with it, other than upload it to the server. The rest is up to the browser.