Carousel stop sliding when mouse-over

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Bluesman

Carousel stop sliding when mouse-over

Post by Bluesman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Pablo. I have done some carousels before, which are continue sliding even when mouse-over. Example: http://www.assistrepcon.com
But when now producing a new site and using the carousel for a flexible, fixed carousel at the main back of this site: www.chevere.ec/kikirikids

It stops slide when mouse-over. In this case it destroys the purpose because in smaller screens the carousel is almost the full screen so the carousel will not work because the visitor of cause have their mouse somewhere on the page??

I know some users in this forum have requested this function (and is good to have the option to choose) but in this case and some others I made it will be devestating. But can it be that I'm missing some settings, I have looked for it ….
"Make My Day"

See my Website

Pablo

Re: Carousel stop sliding when mouse-over

Post by Pablo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:25 pm

It stops slide when mouse-over.
When the Carousel is set to flexible, WWB uses Bootstrap's Carousel script (third party).
Bootstrap's Carousel stops when you hover the mouse, this is default behavior. There is currently no way to overwrite this behavior.

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Ok... gracias for the rapid answer Pablo.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 am

@Bluesman,

I looked into this as I am needing this also. If you want to override the pause on hover, it is very simple to do after you publish the files.

Go to wherever the .js files are published to (in my case its the js folder), look for 'carousel.min' file, open it up in notepad, use the 'find' function (control-f) and search for 'hover'. There are 2 instances of 'hover'. It should be the first one you want to change. You should see some code like such:

Code: Select all

("keydown.bs.carousel",b.proxy(this.keydown,this));"hover"!=this.options.pause||"ontouchstart"in document.documentElement||
Replace the word 'hover' with 'null' and save it. This will now disable the pause on hover for the flexible carousel. Unfortunately, you will have to do this each time you publish or preview.

Info taken from getbootstrap 3.3

@ Pablo,

Could there be a way for you to add a tick box for 'pause on hover'?

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:03 am

crispy68 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 am
@Bluesman,

I looked into this as I am needing this also. If you want to override the pause on hover, it is very simple to do after you publish the files.

Go to wherever the .js files are published to (in my case its the js folder), look for 'carousel.min' file, open it up in notepad, use the 'find' function (control-f) and search for 'hover'. There are 2 instances of 'hover'. It should be the first one you want to change. You should see some code like such:

Code: Select all

("keydown.bs.carousel",b.proxy(this.keydown,this));"hover"!=this.options.pause||"ontouchstart"in document.documentElement||
Replace the word 'hover' with 'null' and save it. This will now disable the pause on hover for the flexible carousel. Unfortunately, you will have to do this each time you publish or preview.

Info taken from getbootstrap 3.3

@ Pablo,

Could there be a way for you to add a tick box for 'pause on hover'?
Hi again crispy. Thanks for the solution. Quite simple as you wrote :D In the actual project I did another solution for now. I agree with you that would be very handy if Pablo can add the "tick box" so you don't have to do the code change on server each time you update.
"Make My Day"

See my Website

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am

You can also (once) update the file locally, all JS files are located in the 'JS" folder of the application.