Accordion menu not working

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Chameleon

Accordion menu not working

Post by Chameleon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi all new user here.
I have just purchased WYSIWYG and I am finding my way around the program. I have attempted to insert the accordion from the jquery ui but it does not look right?
When I insert it I cannot add any text etc to the drop down menu. All I can change is the name of the panels. When I click the drop down arrow it changes ok but the drop down area is so small that it is very hard to see that it has done anything, no text nothing. How do I get this to work?

thanks,

Psycho

Re: Accordion menu not working

Post by Psycho » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi,

Once you have added the accordion to your page, grab the handles and make it bigger, you should then see the inner panel within each section of the accordion (drop objects here), you can then insert text, images etc making sure that what you insert, sits within the bounding area of the inner panel
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life - Providing I die by next Tuesday

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 pm

Cheers Psycho

Done that and I can now see where to add text etc. Now that I have that bit working it seems to expand the layer/container that it's in. If in my case I have it in a box which extends across the whole width when I click on the levels everything including the background drops with it? so instead of just the accordion dropping down that whole level drops with it if you get my meaning. I would like everything to stay in place and only the accordion part drop down. Hope that makes sense :D

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 pm

You cannot change the way the accordion expands, this is how the accordion works.
If you are looking for another type of 'accordion' then can you please give an example?

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi Pablo,

I understand that is how it works but what i'm trying to achieve can be seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns8nwespiKQ
in this video the accordion stays the same height of the blue background. When I try to do that my background expands with the accordion. The video shows what im attempting to explain.
cheers

MGD4me

Post by MGD4me » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Make sure that you grab the lower handle and expand the heght of the accordian, so that the Drag-n-Drop area where you wish to place your object, text, or whatever, is LARGER that the items(s) to begin with. You can make this area very large if you wish, insert your items in ALL categories, and later after all items are inserted reduce the height, checking that all categories don't start to squeeze out their content.

The way the video illustrates the process, is exactly the way it behaves in WWB.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:06 am

The behavior of the accordion in the video is how it works by default.
What does it look like for you?
What is the URL of the page?

Chameleon

Post by Chameleon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Ok all sorted. thanks for your help. :D