By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Post Reply
Eivind
 
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

Post by Eivind » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:53 am

Hi,
I have just created my own website with your program and have a small problem.

On my index.html page I have an unwanted character in html line 3: >

How can I remove it before publishing the page. I remove it after publishing using an HTML editor.

NB! I have no experience with various html codes

Url: www.oz1qx.dk

Thanks in advance
Eivind

User avatar
Pablo
 
Posts: 14032
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 pm
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:06 am

You have add the invalid code yourself.

It was either added via Page HTML, Site HTML or an HTML object.

Eivind
 
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

Re: By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

Post by Eivind » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:13 am

Pablo wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:06 am
You have add the invalid code yourself.

It was either added via Page HTML, Site HTML or an HTML object.

Yes I know but: How can I remove it before publishing the page.
I remove it after publishing using an HTML editor.
Last edited by Eivind on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BaconFries
 
 
Posts: 4143
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Re: By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

Post by BaconFries » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:23 am

It was either added via Page HTML, Site HTML or an HTML object.
Only you will know which one of the above methods you used to insert the code so to remove you will need to check each one.

Eivind
 
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

Re: By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

Post by Eivind » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:37 am

BaconFries wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:23 am
It was either added via Page HTML, Site HTML or an HTML object.
Only you will know which one of the above methods you used to insert the code so to remove you will need to check each one.
When I click on the "Page HTML" icon, I see generated HTML: 3>
But I can not remove the line?

WWBman
 
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

Post by WWBman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:56 am

Does this give you a clue?
The second line of the source contains:

Code: Select all

<html <img width="320" src="/sstvpic/image3.jpg" width="320" height="256">
which looks dodgy! (<html without a closing > and image3 is already specified in its correct place).
This may not matter but you have duplicated the width parameter for images (don't know how you managed that).

Eivind
 
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 am

Re: By Preview: Undesired characters (>) in line 3 (html)

Post by Eivind » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:09 pm

WWBman wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:56 am
Does this give you a clue?
The second line of the source contains:

Code: Select all

<html <img width="320" src="/sstvpic/image3.jpg" width="320" height="256">
which looks dodgy! (<html without a closing > and image3 is already specified in its correct place).
This may not matter but you have duplicated the width parameter for images (don't know how you managed that).
Hi WWBman
Yes, Line 2 is an error, it is located further down the html page.
<img src = "/ sstvpic / image3.jpg" width = "320" height = "256">
I have now made a new page with the same content and everything is OK now.
many thanks for the help.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests