My Web Page on the Phone does not view correctly.

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
nrgiser

My Web Page on the Phone does not view correctly.

Post by nrgiser » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:55 am

Hi there,

I have built a web site (link below) and have made it responsive so i have 4 different layouts for each page size. They are 320, 800, 1280 and 1920 px.

My homepage everything works fine, when viewing the web page on my phone, the width is correct and when I click on the gallery to expand it, it expands to the width of the page on the phone.

However every other web page on my site when viewing on my phone seems much wider than the 320px, so when I click on the gallery for example the gallery opens up much bigger than the actual page size and you have to zoom out of the page to see the gallery properly.

I can also swipe the page to the right and i have a lot of empty space to the right of all the information. This does not happen on my homepage.

I have checked the page properties to make sure it is 320px in width and it says it is, I have tried to align the page to the left which made no difference, in fact I have set up the page properties to mirror that of the homepage, but it still has all this empty space to the right of the actual screen and also when I click the gallery when viewing on my phone, you have to zoom right out just to see it, not like it should work on the homepage.

Your help and advice will be most gratefully appreciated if you could point me in the right direction to solve this issue that I am experiencing, i am sure it is or hope it is a simple fix, but I need your help with it.

One of the URL I am having problems with in the 320px size screen is

https://www.ocean-bay-beach-resort.com/captains-room-a

It seems to work fine if I am using an emulator on the computer at screen size 320px, but does not work correctly when using an actual phone.

"EDIT" One other thing I noticed last night when i was using a tablet for the first time in many years, was that there was also about 1" empty space to the right of the screen and it was not centered, even though I was viewing the screen size 800 px on an 10" tablet.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Pablo

Re: My Web Page on the Phone does not view correctly.

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:12 am

There is a scrollbar at the bottom of the page, this indicates that there are elements outside the page boundaries.
Unfortunately , there is too much content on the page to quickly see what is wrong, it may take me hours to figure out what you have done based on the HTML code only.
Also, it looks like you have lots of duplicated content. Note that many elements can be reused in breakpoints.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63817
(There is a large is empty space at the bottom (or right side) of my page)

nrgiser

Post by nrgiser » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:07 am

Hi Pablo.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. So just to clarify you believe there is an element or object that is on those pages that is so small that it cannot be seen. Is this correct assumption?

I have clicked on "Objects Outline", "non-responsive objects" and "Render Hidden Objects" to see if it would show up, but nothing does.

I guess the only way I can really try and figure what it is, is by going through every object/element that I have in my "Object Manager" list and un-hide and re-hide them to see if I can spot it.

Yes I know you can use some of the same elements or objects in different break points, but by the time I had realized this I had designed most of my website and even though the way I have done it, is a complicated way, for the most part it does work as it should.

Thank you Pablo for your input, I will look at this again in more depth tomorrow to try and figure out what object it is that makes the page load up so wide.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 am

So just to clarify you believe there is an element or object that is on those pages that is so small that it cannot be seen. Is this correct assumption?
Yes
I have clicked on "Objects Outline", "non-responsive objects" and "Render Hidden Objects" to see if it would show up, but nothing does.
Maybe it is a on layer and outside the layer boundaries?
I guess the only way I can really try and figure what it is, is by going through every object/element that I have in my "Object Manager" list and un-hide and re-hide them to see if I can spot it.
Or you can use the browser debugger (F12) and walk through all elements. Usually this helps me quickly see what is wrong but in your case there is too much content.

nrgiser

Post by nrgiser » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Thank you Pablo.