Text navigation menu will not execute events, leaves screen artifact in some resolutions, some browsers

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
texelbee

Text navigation menu will not execute events, leaves screen artifact in some resolutions, some browsers

Post by texelbee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:37 pm

I placed a text navigation menu on one of my site pages to drive some text display events on that page and I am unable to achieve the desired end. I've spent considerable time attempting to create workarounds and different methods, all to no avail. Also, the background of this element, while set to transparent, leaves an unrequested color in some screen resolutions and some browsers.

I would greatly appreciate any helpful guidance on this matter. I'm sure it's something simple or a conflict I've created, but I'm not able to find/understand it.

Here is the url: http://www.limatwo.com/FixedBaseOperators.html

Pablo

Re: Text navigation menu will not execute events, leaves screen artifact in some resolutions, some browsers

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 pm

To be able to help you I need to see what you have done.
Also, what exactly are you trying to do?
What are your settings?
Where can I download your project?
Where in your project do I need to look to see what you have done?

texelbee

Re: Text navigation menu will not execute events, leaves screen artifact in some resolutions, some browsers

Post by texelbee » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Here is the link to the downloadable WBS project file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn1wh6uqvorsz ... g.wbs?dl=0
Per instructions, all extemporaneous and non-relevant content has been removed.

I am trying to make show short text passages related to the subject as noted in the navigation menu, and as different menu items are selected, hide the previous text element and show the current selection. This worked swimmingly in a previous iteration but I am unable to make it perform in this one.

The unrequested menu background color issue does not occur when viewed in Edge, but does in Chrome and Safari. I believe it is displayed in all breaks, but I am not positive.

Regarding settings: Site, page or element?

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:11 pm

I have found 2 issues:
- the default breakpoint should be the largest view, so please remove 1920 and 1366 otherwise there will be conflicting style sheets.
- when showing/hiding objects with events and breakpoints 'include visibility' should be off.

Related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=63817

texelbee

Post by texelbee » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:09 pm

My concerns are rectified by following your instruction and guidance. I thank you most sincerely.

If I may share an observation: the dedication and attention to your growing global customer base is genuinely admirable. It is quite impressive that you are able to provide seemingly round-the-clock assistance to users across every level of ability. I will do all I can to promote your product because of its capability and your sterling customer service!