Question about css files

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
Norfolkman

Question about css files

Post by Norfolkman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Each page of my website has a css file called munxx.css where xx is a number. Each time I change ANY page on the site, a new css file is added with the number incremented by one. While recently checking the structure on line, I found that these files were gradually building up on the site. Assuming that only the most recent one was required, I deleted all the earlier ones and this made no difference to my site and it still displays correctly when viewed.

I then looked at each html file and these have a <link href="munxx.css" rel="stylesheet"> where xx corresponds to a number and this css file has already been deleted. As an experiment, I deleted ALL the numbered css files and the website is still perfectly OK !!

My site is www.mundesley.org Could someone have a look at the site and tell me how this is happening? Does this mean that the css files are not required or am I missing something very obvious?

Many thanks.

Geoff.

Pablo

Re: Question about css files

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:18 pm

I assume that 'mun79' is your project name?
In that case, 'mun79.css' is the global style sheet. The file contains all global styles (created in the style manager) and animation definitions.

Norfolkman

Post by Norfolkman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:34 pm

You are correct. Each time I update the website I increment the project name by one. I am now on project mun90.wbs which means I have mun90.css on the site. But I have temporarily renamed this file and the site still displays OK. It seems that it is not necessary to put a <link href="munxx.css" rel="stylesheet"> on each page because that css referred to, is no longer used.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:27 pm

OK. It seems that it is not necessary to put a <link href="munxx.css" rel="stylesheet"> on each page because that css referred to, is no longer used.
The link to the CSS file would not be added if it was not needed. It contains the global styles definitions.

Alternatively, you can disable the external global CSS file in Tools->Options->HTML