"floating/sticky" layer

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
etcbbu

"floating/sticky" layer

Post by etcbbu » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:16 am

Got a new site here:

https://www.ktravisj.com

Designed and built the whole thing without any scrollbars that represent object(s) falling outside of the viewport, and causing scrollbars.

Then the last thing I do is build my little layer that's a sticky to the bottom of the screen (talking about cookies). Notice if you look at this site on a wider-display monitor, some scrolbars show up. Seems like my 1024-Breakpoint may be ok, but my 1366 or my 1920 seem to have scrollbars. Just trying to figure out *WHY*. On none of the pages of the website, that Sticky layer is not set at a position or width that makes it fall outside the viewport. But. There it is. There are those scrollbars. No idea why.

Would it be helpful to show my "Options" on this Sticky Layer, or post my project file?
www.ktravisj.com

Travis J Consulting, LLC -
Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Re: Why is my "floating/sticky" layer causing such headache?

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 am

To be able to help you I need to know what you have done.
What are your exact settings?

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Here is a screenshot of the settings I set on that Layer on every page:

https://www.ktravisj.com/scrn1.png

Here is a screenshot of the Z-Order --where it its in the Z-order of every page:

https://www.ktravisj.com/scrn2.png

Maybe these two things can help; I sure appreciate your looking at this.
www.ktravisj.com

Website Design/Development/Maintenance, Web-Marketing/Social Media/Social Networking, SEO/Search Engine Optimization

www.ktravisj.com

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:54 pm

And I don't know if this matters, but just for informational purposes, I *do* have 5 different breakpoints, across every page of the website at the following pixel-widths:

www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:09 pm

I'm sorry, but I need more information.

See this related FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:33 pm

You have a scrollbar at 1920 because even though the screen is 1920 wide, you are not taking the vertical scrollbar into effect which is about 18px typically.

2 options:

1. Make your page width 1900
2. Go to page properties -> Advanced -> change the 'overflow-x' value from 'none' to 'hidden'

As for the sticky layer, hard to say without seeing the project file. Why not simply use a docking layer set to bottom and to the front? I think it looks better and avoids the sticky layer constantly moving.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:30 am

So, I like the sticky layer as "Docking" instead (better than "Sticky"), so I have actually applied that site-wide, thanks for that--that's great.

However, I have now gone into Page Properties >> Advanced and changed the overflow-x value from "0" to "Hidden", yet it's sorta still doing these dang scrollbars:

(I have not changed the page width from 1920 to 1900)

I mean, when y'all open my site, are y'all getting scrollbars? It may also be doing it at the 1366-breakpoint level and *maybe* on the 320-width level too..? I think it has looked good on mine and my friends' smartphones on which I was looking at it today, so I don't *think* 100% that it's happening at the 320-level.

I just hate the idea of *anyone*-*ever* seeing a scrollbar at the bottom of my site..
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:05 am

For me, there is no longer a scroll-bar at the bottom on your website.

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Really..? Maybe even when you try your browser at different sizes?

Could someone else also try it on their systems, and confirm?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

crispy68

Post by crispy68 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:55 pm

Did you add the overflow-x: hidden that I suggested? I don't see it in the css code.

However, I checked it on IE11 and it looks to me the text in your footer under websites may be outside the boundaries of the layer. Some of the text is extending beyond the layer. If you were to use a layout grid instead, I think you would get better results.

etcbbu

Re: "floating/sticky" layer

Post by etcbbu » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:16 pm

1) Yesterday, I had only gone to Properties >> Advanced >> set x-overflow to "Hidden" on the homepage only; I have *now* executed this on all 10 of my pages.

2) And, is it the links in the footer, man..? Because here's a screenshot:
https://www.ktravisj.com/scrn3.png
And that's a screenshot of them all sitting there on the 1920 Breakpoint, and they're all within bounds. And they all looked to be in-bounds on all of the rest of the Breakpoints, except *maybe* they were kind of sitting on the edge on the 1024-breakpoint. So on that 1024 Breakpoint, I moved them all to the left several pixels.

I'm sorry to ask again, but now that I have made these two changes I mention in this post, can y'all look again and let me know what you think/can tell?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Another thing--do y'all know why that Docking Layer seems to "hide" behind the Footer layer (that I define on a "Master Page")? Do I need to right-click on the Docking Layer on every page of the website, and click "Move to Front"?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:22 am

1) Just seeing if anyone could test and perhaps let me know if scrollbars are still there, on

2) and also to ask for some insights on making that Docking-Layer that's at the bottom of the screen stop "hiding" behind the tan layer that is at the bottom of every page of the website, whenever you scroll down to that tan footer?
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:11 am

and also to ask for some insights on making that Docking-Layer that's at the bottom of the screen stop "hiding" behind the tan layer that is at the bottom of every page of the website, whenever you scroll down to that tan footer?
Without seeing your project file it will be difficult to help you with this.

Before sharing your project please read this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82134

etcbbu

Post by etcbbu » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:42 pm

So I *believe* I have fixed the second option, by putting that Docking Layer onto my non-published Masterpage, such that it is called on every page of the website, but then was able to tell it to "move to front" at *that* point, so it's at the spot in the z-order such that if you visit the website now,

(REDACTED]

I believe it now goes over and above the bottom tan layer. Only thing is, I have it sitting neither a Header or Footer on the master page, nor od I have it sitting in the "Content Area" objects that's on the middle of my Masterpage.

*HOWEVER*, now I am seeing this error in the error report:

[REDACTED]

Talking about how I have events set on that little black and white "x" that you can click to hide those objects. *BUT*, I think that all still works..? Could y'all surf around my site on a Desktop machine and on a Smarpthone and let me now that you can still close that Docking Layer correctly.

So then I wonder what I ought to do about the Error Report errors I showed you...just leave them there and ignore them..?

EDIT: I threw off my whole site with a couple things I don't have the time to fix right now, so site has been restored to previous-setting until I can sit and detail changes that are the purpose of this topic. Future posts are forthcoming..
Last edited by etcbbu on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.ktravisj.com

www.ktravisj.com