Moving an object to a different layer

All WYSIWYG Web Builder support issues that are not covered in the forums below.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ THE FORUM RULES BEFORE YOU POST:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1901

MUST READ:
http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/getting_started.html
WYSIWYG Web Builder FAQ
IanRob

Moving an object to a different layer

Post by IanRob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:16 am

Hi
I have two questions

In object manager, you can release an object from a layer. However, I am having problems moving it onto a different layer. I have tried moving back and forward. I have also tried rest position, but that does not seem to do anything

My second question is that I have a number of buttons, in various positions on a layer that also has edit boxes. I want all the buttone to have the same style except for the image. For maintenance reasons I would prefer not to copy the style ten times to produce 10 different styles. Is there anyway to create a parent or high-level button style common to all the button styles?

Thanks

Pablo

Re: Moving an object to a different layer

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:02 am

You cannot move an object to another layer in the Object Manager, you will have to do this in the workspace.

You can define global styles in the Style Manager.
http://wysiwygwebbuilder.com/style_manager.html

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:41 am

Thank you

However, on the layers, I have tried moving objects between layers in the workspace. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I have selected an object on one layer and cut and pasted it to another layer in the workspace, but it seems to go to the end of object manager on no layers. I also now have the problem that layer 1 is the child of layer 0. I want to move layer 1 so that it is not a child of layer 0. But I cannot see how.

On the global styles, yes I know about style manager. my question is: if you have 10 buttons with a global syle, can you keep one global style, but have individual images on each button

Thanks in advance for any help on this

IanRob

Post by IanRob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:20 am

Just a quick update on layers

I solved the layer problem by disconnecting all the layers and sequentially moving them to the front. That seems to have solved the layer problem

So ow it is just the child button style

Thank you

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:04 am

if you have 10 buttons with a global syle, can you keep one global style
Yes!